Monday, December 8, 2008

6 Months!

It's hard to believe it's been 6 months since my transplant. A journey I have had to take one day, one step at a time. A journey that has had many joys and many difficulties. There has been lots of learning and I pray growing in the process. Wish I wasn't spending my 6 month anniversary in the hospital but you never know what a new day will bring. I'm so thankful for what the Lord has done though. The doctors have decided that I have a strep pneumonia as well as low on blood and my white blood count (which is suppose to fight infection) and dehydrated. I was given 2 units of blood yesterday and lots of fluids. I woke up this morning with my oxygen reading between 70-80%. (Which they have stayed in the high nineties) So, I am on oxygen to keep it up. I'm still very tired and praying for strength.

We never know when the Lord will call us home but on Friday it became very real for me and Jason as he watched. I remember looking out of the window of the chopper and seeing the beautiful sunset. It seemed so calm, so beautifully made by my Creator. I know that if my Creator can make something so amazing as a sunset that He is able to put back together my very sick, confused body. Don't get me wrong I have had my breaking moments and I just try to cling to the verse that says, "You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock." Isaiah 26:3-4. Praise the Lord we have wonderful friends who are helping out with Faith although I miss her very much. Jason is holding in there well just a little torn sometimes on where he should be, with me or Faith.
*Please pray for strength, healing, hope and a steadfast in Him.
*Praise the Lord, my uncle Tom is doing OK. They believe the new stem cells are working and his immune system is getting stronger. I know he is still battling some hard things but I hope he is moving into a wonderful season of great health! Thank you for praying for him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi em, really ready for ya'll to get back. might not let you leave town again! if you need to kill some hospital time, you should join facebook. bec set me up yesterday and i spent the whole day having enormous fun with it!

Anonymous said...

Em, What a scare but you as always seem together and ready to face whatever is ahead. We are praying for speedy recovery and stronger blood warriors. I know God isn't finished with you yet. Don't grow weary, strength comes with each new day. Stay strong in Him, susan and wes

Katey said...

You are such an encouragement and inspiration to me!! I'm sorry that you are sick and back in the hospital again. I wonder if the pneumo was caused by the bronch?? My last bronch caused me to get a bad virus. Anyway...i'm praying for you. I'll be up there Wed and Thursday for photo...so I'll def. drop by! Let me know if you need ANYTHING!! Love ya!