Saturday, December 6, 2008

Let me count my blessings.......

*I'm alive
*No Rejection!
*My hubby & little girl are here.
*At a good hospital
* I still have good lungs!
*We have the most amazing friends and family, thank you!



This is just a starter list in being thankful for God's grace! It's amazing how fast life can change in one moment. I was doing good all week and then Thursday night (after the bronch) was feeling very achy and running a fever of 102.8 with Tylenol. So after I passed out at the house, Jason high decided not to wait any more and take me in. Jason had been talking to UAB on the phone letting them know what all is going on but some of these symptoms are normal after you have a bronchoscopy.. However, the ambulance did pick me up and take me to the county hospital, were they worked to stabilize me until the chopper came to air flight me to UAB.

It has been tough physically and emotionally the past few days and the night they were trying to stabilize me was very difficult for Jason to watch and for me praying this was not it! I just kept praying the Lord would give me strength to get through this and the grace to live and have more life to live.

He will surely be gracious to you at the sound of your cry. As soon as he hears it, he will answer you. And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, yet your Teacher will not hide himself anymore, but your eyes shall see your Teacher. And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, "This is the way, walk in it," when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left. Isaiah 30:19-21

Thank you for yours prayers....maybe we will know more tomorrow. I'm doing better, still weak & tired and my white blood count is VERY low right now.

4 comments:

Sharlie Kaltenbach said...

Emily, you're right...you are blessed and you are NOT DONE HERE!!!! We need you too much! Your strength amazes me and you, Jason and Faith are in our constant prayers. You are one of the most courageous people I know and the Lord is certainly teaching us all lessons through one of his choicest spirits and the way she handles the refiners fire!Thank you for the inspiration you are to me. I love you so much!Love, shar

Micahl said...

Emily, praise God for his faithfulness and for LIFE! I love you friend and am lifting you up. You are the strongest person I know and are a blessing and inspiration in my life. I pray that He encourages you today and gives you the strength you need! love you, micahl

Anonymous said...

Em-Once again God proves His faithfulness, what a testimony you are building and will be a strength to the transplant people to follow. I thank our God for your life and what He has in store for you and your little family. We love you. Stay strong in Him, susan and wes

Anonymous said...

Emily,
You are one of the bravest people I have ever had the opportunity to know. God is not through with you yet! I love you and hope you are feeling better soon.
Love,
Heather Light