Merry Christmas....from our home to yours!
No surprise the Christmas season has come up faster then I was ready.... so with many regrets I will not be sending out a formal Christmas letter this year. Please except this blog post as our Christmas greeting and hope you are enjoying the season with your loved ones. It's hard to believe it's only been a year with all the new changes in our lives yet it's been a joy to share with you all our adventures, joys, difficulties, struggles & victories!
I put together a slide show that gives you a glimpse of what 2008 looked like for us. I think I got a little carried away with the pictures but I enjoyed doing it. So enjoy watching however many you want! =)
Our lives were forever changed in 2008 when I was given the gift of "new" life. It's hard to put into words the overwhelming thankfulness my family and I have to the donor family who decided to unselfishly give someone the gift of hope in the midst of their darkest hour.
It sure has been an full 6 months filled with transplant, my mom's wedding, moving back to TX, gaining 2 new sweet nieces, Jason getting back into his job & looking forward to Callie & Hayden's wedding in January! God is faithful and we have seen His grace and miracles time and time again through our journey. Through this transplant experience I'm reminded of how God too unselfishly gave us the gift of hope. Sacrificed His son, His son that was perfect so that we might move out of the darkness and into the light. We are all in need of a spiritual donor, a Savior and Jesus is the perfect "match" for us. He bares the scares for us and we are given new life. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas celebrating our Savior and spending time with your family & friends.
Love~ Jason, Emily & Faith
"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagles." Psalm 103:1-5
"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
*I think we need to start a new tradition of doing January greeting cards instead of December....hmmmmm..just a thought! =)







5 comments:
Em-
what a blessing you and your familyl have been this year as we have followed your journey. We wish you the merriest of holidays and a blessed Christmas day with your family. Stay strong in Him, susan and wes
Hey Emily! Its Kristy, Emily's sister in law. I just came across your blog for the first time through Emily T's blog. I was excited to read it because I so enjoyed talking and hanging out with you at the shower. I had not heard all of this was going on with you, recently. I am so sorry. I am so glad you are home and doing better now though. You are such an inspiration and have such an amazing testimony. I hope you and your sweet little family have a wonderful Christmas.
So true about January cards. Happy New Year Cards! Great idea! Hope Christmas was great for ya'll. Did you start some traditions? Love the slide show! Hope to talk with you soon.
Shay
Beautiful pictures..just now had a chance to look at the slide show. I like the new blog design too...guessing you might be updating soon! Haven't heard from you in awhile...hope you are doing good!! Happy New Year!!
Emily, Are you out there. susan
Post a Comment