Sorry for not updating yesterday, my sinuses got a hold on me and I felt pretty much worthless all day. They did manage to get a PICC line in, praise God! So, I was able to get that big central line out of my neck, although my neck feels like it's been in an accident. Lord willing, the plan is get to be discharged tomorrow and leave for TX, Saturday morning. I will continue to be on IV's for a little while and I think it's going to take some time recovering from this pneumonia. I'm ready to be home with my little girl & family and enjoy my living Christmas tree while it's still living! (Thanks Cal, for keeping it alive!)
The angels brought Good News to the shepherds and I too have had a sweet "angel" Monica, my respiratory therapist who comes in every morning to bring me a good word. She is always bubbling with God's love. I'll ask her what the Lord has been speaking to her today but many times she is just quick to share the simple, strong truths of God's word and His love. When you spend any amount of time in the hospital you can see on the faces of those who are hurting, people are clinging to some kind of hope or joy. That's what Christ came to do......bring hope to those who are in despair, joy for the broken hearted, healing for those who are sick & most importantly Christ, the bridge that would bring us Home.
Thanks for sharing your family traditions! I loved them! I again, always appreciate your words of encouragement! I never knew how much support, encouragement and love I would receive being able to share my journey through a blog. Thank you!
Thursday, December 11, 2008
A Good Word, goes along way
Posted by Emily at 11:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Em, You have brought more joy to us through your positive attitude than you will ever realize. We are so glad you are getting to come home to Texas and begin to celebrate the Christmas season. Keep getting better and stay strong in Him, susan and wes
Hey girl!! You are awesome...i hope you know that. Keep trusting in Him...and everything will be ok. Sorry I didn't make it by yesterday...photo took a pretty long time. Then I had a meeting with my professor at 1:00...then had to head back to work. I had dinner with Shaun P. last night and he asked about you and told me to tell you hey! I hope today you are feeling MUCH better and you get to go home. I love you...and you are such an inspiration! Keep in touch and have an awesome Christmas Holiday with your new LUNGS!!!
Post a Comment