I've been very anxious and irritable today. I didn't get my line taken out today because they already had a full schedule, so I might be getting it done tomorrow. So that was a little disappointing and the 9 weeks in the hospital is getting to me. Looking at the same walls, doing the same thing every day and ready for some fresh air. Anyway, I was letting everything get to me and then..............God gave me a good kick in pants. I met one of the other patients on the floor. He has heart problems (not sure all that is going on with him) and he has been in the hospital since February! He was so cheerful and even though I'm sure he is more then ready to go home, he never lend on that he was discontent with his situation. Also one of the patients up here pasted away this morning, young man leaving behind a wife 4 children.
Needless to say my issues seem very small and I needed to be reminded that even though it's been a long journey, I'm doing well. I'm not the only one fighting for life. I told Ryan (heart patient) what an encouragement he is to me.
On a lighter note; the other night was a little eventful. Jason woke up around 6 a.m to use the restroom and as he was walking in the dark to the bathroom he stepped into something wet. After flipping the light on, he quickly realized he had stepped in pee! My night nurse forgot to cap my catheter after she emptied it out and so there was pee ALL over the floor. The nurses were nice to give him some fresh socks. By the amount of pee on the floor, you can definitely say my kidneys are working well, praise God. :)
Thursday, September 24, 2009
A good kick in the pants
Posted by Emily at 2:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
Praise the Lord for well working kidneys, and extra socks!!
Hahahahaha! Thanks for sharing the laugh:) I'm glad that He also showed you a perspective you needed... He does that often for me:)
Emily that is so exciting that you are almost ready to go home. You have come such a long way! Even though you get discouraged, you are an encouragement to others just as Ryan was to you. Cindy Massingill
YAY for working kidneys!!
I've met Ryan...he is a great guy!! It definitely makes us think twice about things when we see others in different situations!
Poor Jason....but gotta laugh at it too!!
Em,It is so good to hear you write. So many prayers have been going around here for you. I know you have had some moments of doubt. Don't be discouraged we all have those moments. You have been an inpsiration to me, because even at times of doubt for myself, I have seen you live out "count it all joy." So, just know you are an encouagement, even when you struggle! Blessings, Tanna
Hey Emily;
The Lord works in mysterious ways and even sometimes not so subtle. Erin is working as RN in Labor & Delivery at Covenant. Dr. Blann learned that she has CF and had a fairly long conversation with her about you before they made the connection. He quickly got her onto your blog.
We are a family that fully believes in the power of prayer so you will be on our hearts, minds, & tongues! What a beautiful daughter you have!!!
We are on facebook and will keep up on your blog too! You are amazing and a true inspiration. What faith you have!
God Bless you as you recover & heal!! Debbie Simpson
Hey Emily, I just wanted to tell you that I've been popping in to read (and to know how to pray), even when I don't have time to comment. I'm so pleased to read of your progress and praising the God that you will be going home soon! Erika :)
Oh Em, the tears are running down my face not in pity but of Praise!
You are my "Ryan". Thank you for your faith that you share with everyone that knows you!! I know you were a blessing to Ryan yourself as you have been for so many!! I am so glad God has spared your life once again! You are a testament of His Love!! God bless your caretakers as well. Especially Jason!!
Love you girl!!
Janna
I just caught up on your last three posts. We've been out of town. So amazing to hear your progress! Being a speech therapist, I was wondering about your swallowing and speech. Sounds like the Lord is working His wonders! It was so great to see Faith at the fair. She is precious! Such a little lady now. I will definitely be coming to see you this week. Can't wait any longer. Continue to pray for you. Love you much.
Post a Comment