I'm weak but I wanted to THANK YOU for all your prayers. To be honest I have been a wreck this past week with lots of tears, frustration and clinging to hope. I have had some close calls but I think this tops them all. Laying in bed for over a month has left me very weak, not being able to eat or talk with my tube which is challenging, tubes coming and going ever where you can imagine and missing my little girl so much that I cry every time I see a picture of her. Tomorrow is her birthday, we sent her a gift but hopefully we will give her a party when we get home. Also our new home that is being built will be ready in November. I guess we like to do everything at once. Because all of the meds they are giving me I'm trying to sort out what is true and what is false. They were very REAL "dreams" and I'm finding out it never happened. Boy, am I glad some of them didn't!I'm having another bronchoscoy in hopes to clean some of the junk out. I wish I could use this time to renew my relationship with the Lord yet I seem to be dealing from pain to the next and then sleeping when I can (you know how the hospital is)
Well reading over this I feel like I'm just having a pity-party. Well thanks for listening and your prayers. The Lord has carried me since I can't walk either. I will have to re learn how to talk, walk and think straight after I get some of these meds off.
Well I hope some of this made sense but I just wanted to praise the Lord for protected me and so thank you.
*Emily, thanks again for taking on the role of keeping everyone informed. It really helps Jason to not have repeat himself and I'm not much help since I can't talk.
*I hate that Faith and I had to miss your weddings (Jesse,Jared, Spencer). Hope it was a wonderful time!!!CONGRATULATION!!!
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
still hanging on
Posted by Emily at 5:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




17 comments:
Hi Emily,
Sooooo good to hear from you --- and you made perfect sense!!! :)
Resting in the Lord IS renewing yourself in the Lord. Continue resting in Him and His grace, and concentrate on doing your part in the natural --- He will take care of the supernatural. You are a trooper. We love you lots and pray for all of y'all continuously!
Love,
Ollie, Phyllis and crew
Emily!!! Hey girl! You never cease to amaze me! Wondering if you've made any sense, when we are all hanging on your every word. Praise God! Praise God! Praise God! I am so glad you are doing better. Please let me know if you need anything. I will be in Bham on Saturday and could come by if you need anything. Please rest and continue healing.
Emily! How great it is to hear your own words! We have hung on Emily T's every word, too, girl and been praying every step of the way. God has been so faithful to you, His precious child. God bless you and multiply all your rehab efforts ten thousand fold! You'll get there! We love you so much and are so sorry for how terribly ill you've been and all that you've endured. I'm so thankful for His faithfulness once again! Remember Isaiah 40:31 as you once again "wait"... to get better, to be back with Faith again, to get out of the hospital, to be able to do normal things as normally as possible again.
Love you dearly,
Carrie:)
Emily, I've been keeping up with your progress. You don't know me but I was your nurse in the ER at Covenant in Lubbock about a year ago. You are one of those patients will never forget. I hope you don't mind but I looked you up because I was intrigued at your story. I'm so happy to see you typing again, and I have every confidence that you will continue to get stronger and will make a full recovery.
Praise God! Emily it is so good to be able to read something directly from you! You are on your way to recovery and we are so thankful for that. We pray everyday for your healing and increased strength.
All of us at Teen Parents have been praying for you. The girls ask about you all the time. We look forward to reading the updates and hearing about your progress. You are close to our hearts!
Blessings to you and your family!
We look forward to seeing you back in Lubbock very soon!
Love, Vicky Landreth
Em, I can't believe I am reading words from you but am so grateful to our Lord for lifting you up once again. Don't be so hard on yourself-you will be back soon-remember one day at a time. God has you under His wing and will give you strength to fly once again. I can't wait to hear your progress. Stay strong, In Him, susan and wes
Emily, what a blessing it is to hear from you. We have all been praying for you and God has shown His faithfulness. He will continue to be faithful on the long road ahead. Look to the Lord, laying everything at His feet, and He will lighten your heart. We love you and are praying for God's healing hand to touch you, body and spirit. In Christ, Robin & Derek
Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens. Psalm 68:19
Emily,
Still praying and glad to see you blogging! :) Love you so much!
Emily!!!
It is so good to hear from you! What a wonderful blessing and answer to prayer.
I can only imagine that this part of the process is frustrating, but God has been so faithful to bring you this far, I know He must have great plans for your future.
it's hard to believe that Faith will be three! I know it must be hard for you not to be with her, but remember she is young...and what matters most to her is that her momma gets better. You are doing such a great job...I pray that you continue to get the rest you need and that your strength will be quick to return.
The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.~Luke 18:27
GOD is so good! I pray that you conntinue to heal and get stronger. Your progress of getting better shows that God answers prayers. Rest and get strong..
Praise God,
Holly
Emily, How amazing you are! God has used you to be such an inspiration to us! I am glad to hear of answered prayers and know that through the power we have in Christ through the Holy Spirit you will recover soon. Love you, Cheri
Oh Wow! I can hear your sweet voice through your words. So thankful to hear from you. Keep on hanging in there. God is faithful, as you know. He's delivering and healing you in His perfect time.
Can't believe Faith is three today. Unreal! I remember the day she was born like yesterday. Amazing miracle!
Love you and hope to come see you soon.
I'm so HAPPY to see you WRITE!!!! I've missed you so much!! I wish I could come see you....but can't because i'm sick.
Also...You have a little package coming....just FYI!
Also, several years back when I was sick and on the ventilator, I had the dreams too...and they seemed VERY REAL; i thought they were real, and when i could talk after 2 weeks being on the vent, I claimed to my Mom that they really happen. It took all she had to try and explain to me that they didn't happen. So I totally know what you are going through. It was the worst part for me!!!
I'm so glad you are better.....God has truly been watching over you and SO SO many people are praying for you!!! I can't wait to talk or text you soon!!! Love ya bunches!
Thank you so much for writing, Emily! It was so great to read a report in your own words. You are in our thoughts and prayers, and we look forward to having you back here in Lubbock!
I love your new choice of music. :-) And I love that YOU are "back" with us. And you are "much help" just by being you...you don't have to DO anything to be a blessing to others. It's just simply who you are.
Emily,
So great to read your post and like Shay said....I could hear your sweet voice as I read it. Thinking back over Faith's birthday...such sweet memories of her birth, her first and second birthday parties...she is a precious little girl. Know that many are praying for you and love you! Love, Beth Landreth
Emily, it's great to know you are able to "say" your own words again. You are so blessed to have family and friends that love you so much! Stay focused on getting better. So thankful you are able to visit with Faith by Skype. Isn't technology amazing! You are an awesome sister-in-christ and I count it a privledge to be able to pray for your quick recovery!
Love,
Diana Fink
Post a Comment