Just wanted to report the good news. They caped my trach and I am just using the nose cannula for oxygen and tomorrow they will be taking the whole trach out! I also got some other lines taken out (my feeding tube & my catheter). It's so nice to be free of those things.
The difficult thing today is when they tried to take out my central line in my neck (the one they were using for dialysis). I was very nervous about it coming out and asked for some medicine to help relax me but they kept reassuring it was no big deal coming out. Well, after tugging, crying, and pulling they decided my skin has healed over it and so it was more wedged in there then they thought. (I really wanted to say "See I told you!) My patience was running thin with the lady as she tried to make light of the situation and said,"well we can tie it to the door and that should pull it out". Anyway, they will take me to radiology to give me some sedation and pull it but right now I'm left feeling very sore. I ask for your prayers for that tomorrow.
It looks like I might be going home next week! There are just a few things left (getting my strength back is going to take some time). It's hard to believe I've been in the hospital 9 weeks, but though it's been difficult I'm thankful the Lord carried me through, even the days I wanted to throw in the towel. And again thanks to all of you for your prayers, it continues to lift us up.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Good Progress
Posted by Emily at 5:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




12 comments:
Im so happy to be seeing post from you =)
I will be saying prayers for you tomorrow!!
xoxox
We will continue to pray! So thankful for your progress! Your faith and strength are such a testimony to all!
Love
The Harrelsons
You are an awesome lady! Those of us that are "healthy" take so much for granted. When we have a sore muscle, upset tummy, or any other ailments that interfere with our daily lives, well, we think it will never end. Then there's a precious child of God like you...You are truly blessed. Your blessings really show through your heart. Jesus is alive and filled with joy in your heart sweet lady. In His Love, Cindy
Sorry, I didn't have enough room to complete this, but I wanted you to know that I'm not some crazy person that just found you...Pam & Ted have kept us posted on your progress and have included us in your prayer circle. We will continue to pray for you and your dear family.
In His Love, Cindy
Whoopee! What a great post today, so full of praises. Except for the difficult tube and the smarty pants nurse. Tomorrow will be better and think about how good that will feel. I know you are feeling like a human again.
Wow, I know Lubbock will look great.
So glad for everything. We love you, stay strong sweet Emily, In Him, susan and wes
So exciting to read your very own words :) I'm so glad you're getting the trach out...it's painful to watch a loved one struggle so hard to communicate-my cousin was very depressed yesterday when she failed the second half of her swallow test, so she'll be mouthing words for another week. God is good and answers His childrens' prayers. You are such an inspiration to so many, even some you've never met. Keep your eyes on God and He will give you the spirit to get through this tough time. We love you and are praying for you. In Christ, Robin & Derek
Again, Praise the Lord!!! I'm so excited for you....i'm smiling as I'm sitting here at my computer typing this!!!
I bet that same central line lady was the one that tried to put one in me one time, and she was awful..it took her 5 tries, and I was crying and so sore!!! I'll definitely be praying for that for you!!
I can't believe you might go home next week...AMAZING!!! I hate that I can't visit you, but the transplant team has strict rules right now for none of us to visit HTICU!!! We will visit next time!
You are in my prayers always...and I'm really praising God right now! Your strength will come, I promise! After 10 weeks of me being completely paralyzed, it eventually came for me too! So I have faith, that it will come SOON for you too!!
Love you bunches!
Amen!!! I will pray the procedure tomorrow goes nice and smooth..
Ronnie
Praying for you girl!!! Hang in there.
Love, Phyllis and crew
Emily, it's so good to hear your "voice" again. You have been such an inspiration to me and I admire your faith-walk. So glad to see you coming back to your old self...almost. Blessings, dear friend!
Diana
It is so good to hear that you will soon be strong enough to leave the hospital! You are continually in my thoughts and prayers. My prayer is that he will continue to strengthen you: body, mind and soul! We all miss you at Teen Parents. Blessings always, Vicky Landreth
Oh Emily! I love the God we serve and continue to be inspired by the way He is glorified in your precious life. Great things He has done! Thank you for "holding on" as you walked through the valley of the shadow of death.
You are loved by so many,
Wendy Lavo
Post a Comment