Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Update

Sorry it's been a while since my last post. My hands are very shaky and so it's hard to type. The past few days have been very difficult for me as I battle withdraws from the pain meds and feeling stir crazy. My whole body shakes and I have a lot of anxiety (due to the very high pain meds they were giving me). I have never experienced such a horrible feeling as this. However, I told the doctor that I think if I could just get out of the hospital and to the Town House (where Jason and Faith are staying) I would do better. So I think they will let me go to the Town House tomorrow. This gives me some new hope as this road has been the most difficult thing I have gone through. I appreciate your support and prayers and I just ask that you would continue to pray for me as I recover (emotionally and physically). I'm slowly getting stronger but it's hard work since I have lost a lot of weight and muscle. I did walk by myself today (praise)!

I'll try to write again, sorry I don't have the strength right now to type very much. Some verses I have been saying aloud are~

  • Deuteronomy 31:8~The Lord goes before me; He will march with me; He will not fail me or let me go or forsake me; I will fear not, neither become broken (in spirit-depressed, dismayed, and unnerved with alarm)

5 comments:

susan said...

Em, I am glad that you are making slow progress and hope things continue. Try to stay up and I know that is hard but just remember one moment at a time. Every little step is a praise. God has taken you this far and you know He will not stop now. Rest in His arms and enjoy each new day. We love you so and are so proud of your fight and spunk. Give Faith and Jason a hug for us. In HIm, susan and wes

Lissa said...

Hi Emily,
My heart fills with pain as I think about all you've endured over the past months. I know that God is holding you in the palm of His hand and that is very comforting. I truly hope that you can join Jason and Faith at the town house tomorrow.
Love,
Lissa P.

Heather Light said...

Hoping you will beable to go to the town house with Jason and Faith tomorrow. You have come sooo far girl!! Keep going!

Kathi said...

Hi Emily!
So thankful to hear that you are up and at em. Stacy has kept me up on your amazing progress. I can still remember enjoying your piano playing. It seems like yesterday to me watching your lovely hands skip across the keys. I was so impressed by you, honey and I still am. The story about Jason is hilarious and so when I need a chuckle, that's what I will think of. I'm glad he didn't slip and hurt his bum. Thank you for being a inspiration to me.
much love,

Kathi Trent (Stacy's sister)

Anonymous said...

We will be faithful in prayer! You remain faithful in trust!
Love,
The Bruffey's