It's real easy to take for granted the simple things that we do every day without thinking about it like~talking, eating, walking or needing help to use the restroom. All of these daily things seem simple but I'm having to work hard to become independent again. I tend to not write (type) much because my hands are very shaky however the Lord gave me a gift today and that is talking and eating again. I'll try to explain the processes I'm going through.
First this morning the doctor replaced my trach with a smaller one. Which makes me have to breath more on my own. Also I have been off the vent all weekend and have gone to a trach collar which gives oxygen to my trach.
Jason, my mom and Faith got in early Friday morning. Faith was happy to see me but kinda confused that I wasn't talking back to her so today when they put the speaking valve on and I said, "Hi Faith, I love you" she got a big smile and said,"Mama talking to me"! I couldn't help but tear up when I heard my voice and was able to say I love you to my baby girl. It's been 2 months since I've heard my voice or eaten anything so the next joy was passing my swallowing test and I had some wonderful soup (I think anything would have tasted good to me) for lunch.
My strength is coming back and I'm slowly walking around the nurses station. It's hard work because I lost so much muscle. My legs are very sore but it's good to get out of the bed.
Thank you for your continual prayers, I ask that you would pray for Faith as she has done well through all of this but it's also taking it's toll on her. She asks to go home and see Maggie (our bulldog) every day. Thank You!
When I call on God in the day of trouble, He will deliver me, and I will honor and glorify him. Psalm 50:15




10 comments:
Em, that sounded so good and what progress you have made and I know will make in the days to come.
I too teared up as I read the exchange between you and Faith. There is nothing like the bond between a child and her mom. That will never go away no matter what. We pray for continued progress and fast. Enjoy that food. In Him, susan and wes
Wow---walking, talking AND eating!!!! What a difference a week makes! Keep that in mind when things seem slow going.
We've had first hand experience with the swallowing test and know it's not an easy hurdle to go over, huh? But you did it! Thank you Father for your continued Hand on Emily, Jason, Faith and family.
We love you --- Ollie, Phyllis and gang
Love you, Emily.
Wow! You're coming so far! I know you're enjoying your girl there and she's glad to be with you. Hope to come see you soon. Love you much.
Emily,
I know you don't know me well, but I wanted to let you know that you're in my prayers. You, Jason and Faith! I'm so thankful to hear that you're talking, eating and walking around!! Praise the Lord. I spoke with your Dad when he came into the store the other day and he gave me your blog address.
Oh, and I love the song you have playing on your blog!! It reminds me of one of my favorite childhood movies: Man from the Snowy River!
Blessings,
Sylecia Putnam
(Chick-fil-a, Lubbock)
haha. I guess the song is the THEME from the movie! :) I had such a crush on Jim.... and wanted to move to Australia to find him.
Emily... That is so wonderful! Every step in your recovery is a gift from God. I know just seeing Faith and holding her is one of the best medicines in the whole world. Keep up the great progress. You are in our prayers always.
Praise the Lord!!! I'm so glad you are beginning to talk and eat!!! And I know how awesome it must be to talk to Faith again, let alone anyone!!!
Keep fighting girl...you are getting so strong!!!
Praying for you!! I love you very much!
Keep getting stronger girl! So good to hear from you through your blog.
Love ya!
Emily,
This is Amy Cornelius(Resp Therapist) from Cullman. Don't know if you remember me but I had you a few times at CRMC as a patient and was also your neighbor at Arbor East. I'm soooo glad you are doing better. Your story is such a blessing to me and inspiring. I have been praying for you and your recovery. I'm so thankful to hear your very own words and what wonderful words they were. You are so encouraging to not only me but everyone that surrounds you. God has truely been the reason you are here today. He is the greatest physician of them all!!! I just wanted to write you and say thank you for having such high faith for you have inspired me in many ways. Also, so glad you are improving and know you will continue to do so. I hope Miss Faith had a wonderful Birthday. Let me know if you need anything. I will continue to pray for you and your family. God Bless You!!
Post a Comment