Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Conflicted

I was discharged yesterday and spent my first night home in a while. The doctors felt there was nothing else that could be done and it is just a matter of time for this to resolve itself. Although I love being home I was reluctant to go home only because I knew the pain I would be in. I was of course, put on some pain medicine and Motrin to help with the inflammation and pain. I have to get a nap in the day because I know the nights don't bring much sleep. My pain always gets worse without fail around midnight and continues throughout the night as well as not able to walk (I needed help to the bathroom again. My knees, legs, & ankles can't bare my weight due to the swelling and pain) Anyway, as you might be able to tell I'm struggling emotionally today and feel overwhelmed in many area's of life right now. As much as I ask for your prayers for healing please pray for me/us emotionally. I know God has a plan through all of this but it's just hard to see that this morning and have hope when your body is always hurting and changing.

Today is Callie's 20th birthday so I'm going to try to put away my petty emotions and focus on her and her special day! She has been so amazing to help us out and not to mention she is an AMAZING woman, sister, aunt (Ya-Ya) and friend and I'm so excited for her and Hayden!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAL! (YA-YA!)

6 comments:

Tiff said...

Em, I am so sorry. That is so discouraging. I will be praying for you emotionally.

Love you lots and I hope that soon we can have a good laugh together with your new lungs and pain free.

Happy Birthday, Callie!!

Johnnie B said...

Hey Emily,
Your feelings are certainly understandable and NOT petty! I hate that you are in so much pain! I have a plan (you know me..."the fixer!") I plan to pray for you tonight at midnight! If I can manage to stay awake...I will continue to pray for you at midnight until this pain goes away! I am asking some others who are late nighters to pray for you at midnight as well! I know time and our Lord is the only thing that will take care of this very real pain! So, I'm asking him to relieve you of it as soon as is in His plan! He gave you these new lungs and certainly has given you totally amazing stamina...He will bring you through this awful pain as well!

I don't know Callie personally, but I agree with you, she is amazing! But then, I think she comes from amazing stock! Happy Birthday Callie!

I love you and your wonderful spirit Emily! Hang in there!
Johnnie B

And then there were Five said...

hey Emily- we just wanted to let you know how much we love you and will be praying for you this evening- it is so difficult to know there is a certian time of day that you are going to feel bad- we are looking forward to the time when your body willnot be under so much stress- there are good days ahead!! Praise that Callie is back with you guys! tell her happy birthday from us- we will have to start planning your trip us here to see us- although i have to be careful what I blog as it might scare you all away!! i put samuel on the school bus today and balled my eyes out- i am so unprepared for them growing up:)

Anonymous said...

Em, I am so sorry for the severe pain! I know its no fun and not something to look forward to. We are praying for pain free nights as well as johnnie b. I know they will come and you again can enjoy your home and family.
Emily you are entitled to some emotional breakdowns but I know you they will be short lived-when our bodies don't work right it makes us forget about all else and have difficulty focusing. This too shall pass and health will be yours again. Praise God for Callies BD so you can concentrate on her and take your mind off the pain! We pray for a good night of pain free sleep and rest for all. Stay strong. We love you. In Him, susan and wes

Anonymous said...

Em, Honey if you want to have a pity party, you go right ahead and throw it!! You deserve one! Bless your heart, pain is Always worse at night. Something about the dark and those things that go bump in the night. Anyway, I will also be praying for you tonight. I am a late nighter too. I have alot of leg pain during the night so I stay up as long as possible!! Wonder why that is? God hasn't brought you this far, to let you down now. Joy comes in the morning!!
Talk to God thru the pain!
Your Sister in Christ,
Glenda Dickey

Anonymous said...

As we all have learned our emotions are God's way of showing us that He is truly in control. Hang in there girl. We are praying for you, as is our church.