Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Our journey continues....

My journey thus far living with CF has been one with many mountains to climb but with the Lord's mercy and mighty strength I have had the awesome blessing of standing on top of the most amazing "mountain" tops. When I'm faced with yet another mountain to climb it can seem too big and I feel too tired but then the Lord reminds me just how beautiful it is when we get to the top. My bed time routine with Faith is probably my favorite time with her and tonight as I rocked her and sang our song (which now I have air to sing it! Our song is the Cuppy Cake song) I couldn't help but let my tears fall. Having a baby was a mount Everest that I was not suppose to be able to climb and the Lord was gracious to show me that with faith in Him, we can move mountains! I will never forget the relief and overwhelming joy when I first saw Faith, it's really beyond any words for me to describe.
Tomorrow I go in to the hospital for hopefully only a couple of days to start a round of medicine in hopes to stop this rejection that is continuing to be persistent. After I get out of the hospital we will continue to go back and forth to the clinic to do the medicine for maybe a week. One of my sweet nurses told me once that she feels God whisper every morning to her, "Do you trust me today?" and from there she has a choice to once again place her trust in the One who knows what she will face today. I have never forgot that and I too hear that answer being asked of me, "Do you trust me today?" and once again I say,"Yes, but please Lord, help my unbelief." He is always faithful......

We ask for your prayers that I would tolerate the medicine well and with that no other complications would arise. Pray this would stop the rejection. Pray for Jason as he takes care of his girls.... he just continues to amaze me how he just keeps going and always stays positive! He is another amazing blessing and my best friend. Prayers for Faith as once again mama is not around and it's hard for a toddler to understand our crazy life.

Again I stand in awe of how amazing our support has been and continues to be through our journey. Your words of encouragement and your prayers have given us the courage and strength as we have faced these mountains. Thanks for cheering us on and giving in many ways!

"I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, Move from here to there and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Mt. 17:20

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily, I will be keeping you and your family in your prayers as you go back for treatment this week. It was great to see you this week, and I really enjoyed reading about your trip to Texas! I am sure words can't really describe how great it was to travel again! We will keep you in our prayers and hope to see you again soon! Love, Hannah Sparks

Sharlie Kaltenbach said...

Emily, I love you and will be praying extra hard for you, Jason and Faith. Thank you for your wise post...you are such an inspiration to me. I know the Lord knows you and is aware of everything you are facing in your life and is watching over you and will not leave you comfortless. You are one of his most precious daughters. Lots of love and healing, positive thoughts, sharlie

Katey said...

I'll be praying for you Emily! I saw you this morning passing through Labs at Kirklin. Is it acute rejction? I know its tough..especially doing the treatment...but like you said God will get you through it. He always does. I hope everything turns out ok and you are on the mend soon!

Anonymous said...

Em, Jason, and Faith-How amazing you are Emily and what a woman of faith. Our prayers are ever with you and the family. God is faithful and will continue to give you strength for the moment and that is all we can ask. Jason you are a God send and such a rock continue to hang tough. We love you guys and continue to walk this journey of faith with you in our prayers. Stay strong. In Him, susan and wes

Anonymous said...

Emily, I will be praying for you and Jason and Faith. . .praying that the medicine WORKS and resolves things even more quickly than aniticpated. Your faith is beautiful, and Jason and Faith are blessed to have you for a wife and Mama. Erika :)