Sunday, August 10, 2008

Monday Update

Well we got to go home last night which was great to be back with Faith and in my own bed but we are back up here doing my treatment again. We will have 2 more days of my Thymo treatment and then have another bronchoscopy in a month to see if it helped knock down the rejection. My sister is here with us so that is a huge help with taking care of Faith while we finish my treatments. I know God has many blessings in store for all of our friends & family who have served us in so many ways. I got a letter today from someone I have never met but knows one of my friends and they have been keeping up with our blog. For them to take the time to write and give me some encouraging words and let me know they are praying for us brought tears to my eyes. Again I stand in awe of the amazing support God has provided for us and I again want to say THANK YOU!

Here are some pictures of Faith all dolled up. Although she put the bracelets up her legs and they got stuck so it took me a minute to figure out how to get them off. =) It's hard to believe she will be 2 next month!!! It seems like she is doing something new every day, keeps us on our toes!







7 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh Emily! Its been a while since I've written! I caught up on your blogs and my oh my. I want you to know that I pray for you every day. You are always, always on my mind. It seems as you were headed to Texas, we were headed to Houston on the same day! Elinda received her transplant on July 31st and my husband I took off that Saturday. I will continue to pray that the rejection situation clears up asap. Can't wait to have you back in Texas!!!
"The Spirit of God hath made me and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life." Job 33:4

Katey said...

Ok...cool. Well, I hope the thymo does the trick. Yes, I am doing photo for rejection. I orginally started out doing it because of chronic rejection. But then this past spring, i had a small bout of acute rejection, which was a shock since i was 4 years out. I'm actually on my 2nd round of photo. I've already completed 15 months of it (from 2006- feb.2008) and are on the second round (just started in May). I hope to see you Wed! I'll be in the ACT room too probably around 12:40 or so. So You can't miss me!

Unknown said...

Emily, it has been such a joy to be able to keep up with you every 2 or 3 days via internet. Thank you to you and Emily Tardy for giving me such a candid glimpse into your life and for allowing me to know, specifically what to pray for each day. You have been so much in my heart and on my mind for quite some time--since last fall, I guess, when you were waiting for a transplant. I can only guess how much these treatments are getting old for you, but I'm so very grateful for them, too. Even though you and I have never met, I feel a kinship with you and am so thankful for the gift of life that you have received. God is so good. I just want you to know that your blog has blessed me so much and that I am continuing to pray for you and your family. Amy Eaton, Melonie Park Church, Lubbock, TX

Anonymous said...

They grow so fast. It is hard to believe at times. Tanna

Anonymous said...

Em, Thanks so much for the update. Faith is beautiful as always. Praying the drugs will work and your body will remain strong. Those lungs were perfect, and picked just for you so I know that your body will realize that soon, God will see to it. We love you. Stay strong. In Him, susan and wes

Micahl said...

Hi sweet friend! I am praying for you and thinking of you often. I know I’ve said it 100 times, but God uses you as an encouragement in my life and faith DAILY. You demonstrate on a consistent basis what it means to be joyful and thankful in the Lord no matter the circumstances. Thank you for being transparent with who you are so that others can be blessed by you. I love you!

Tiff said...

Faith is so sweet and looks so much like you!!

We are praying for you. Love you!!