Thursday, August 21, 2008

Praising Him!!!!

"You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day". Psalm 91:5
God brought me to these verses yesterday and I remember thinking I have been doing the very opposite. My fears would start to set in around 10 pm knowing what would probably await me in the night hours. I remember praying, "Lord, only you can help me not to fear the night and the pain that comes with it." Well, last night my legs and ankles swelled so much that I just knew I was in for a long night and I was fully prepared for "battle". I woke up at 7 am almost in a panic wondering how I had slept that long............because I slept pain free for the first time in a week! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! I was able to get out of bed and walk and even attend the first day of MOMS (it's this great women's group I go to every week!) My legs and ankles are still if not more swelled but praise the Lord I slept pain free! I had tears of joy telling my friends at MOMS that the Lord was soooo gracious to give me rest. PRAISE HIM!!!
Thank you for your prayers!
"He will cover you with his feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart." Psalm 91:4

4 comments:

And then there were Five said...

Yeah! We are so excited that there has been a change and that rest came with it! How awesome to have a group of women to rejoice with!! We will continue to pray for many more night or rest! Love you- Suzanne and family

Anonymous said...

Em-What a praise! That just proves the power of His word and that God is not the author of fear Satan is and God will overcome everytime!!!!
We are all still praying that the pain will continue to stay away and that the swelling will subside, I know how that can make you hurt. You are amazing and will overcome anything that comes before-You and God, what a team! Stay strong, In Him, susan and wes

Katey said...

Praise the Lord! I hope the pain continues to subside and go away!

Micahl said...

wow! how great! i love you. oh--and i'm finally blogging again! or at least going to try to!

mmwester.blogspot.com