Thursday, August 14, 2008

A long week

I don't have much energy left but I wanted to give everyone an update on our crazy week. I finished my round of Thymo treatment yesterday and although it went well it has left me very drained. We were looking forward to sleeping in and just being with Faith and Callie since we have been away from them for the past 3 days but I woke up around 4 am in horrible pain in my ankles which moved up through my legs into my knees. I took some pain medicine but it did not even touch the pain and after hours of not getting any relief we had no choice but to head back to UAB to get help. I was not able to stand or walk because of the pain so Jason had to carry me to the car and by the time we reached UAB I was ready to pass out due to my pain. Once we got there my doctor removed some fluid from my knee as well as take some blood in hopes to find out what could be wrong. Dr. Young was pretty curtain my problem had nothing to do with my recent treatments but yet he wasn't sure what could cause this. They have now ruled out the more critical things which is great but they want to do an MRI to confirm what they believe might be some time of arthritis. It was another long day and once again we were able to just barely get home before Faith headed to bed. I think she thinks mom and dad have left her this week and her hugs are so tight and kisses so sweet when we do come home. Praise the Lord though that Callie has been here with Faith, Ya-Ya (Callie) is pretty special!

It has been a very long, full week and has left Jason and I pretty drained. We know the first year after transplant seems to be the hardest due to all the changes that go on with your body and we are beginning to see that through our own experiences and watching our new friends (other CF, transplant families) go through tough times too. Although we are ready for a season of rest we are thankful for these new lungs and second chance. It's been a rough journey but we have been blessed in so many ways and God continues to extend His grace to us.

Well, I'm sorry if this post is a little scattered as my thoughts are not quite all together but I appreciate you all keeping up with us and of course your prayers!

"For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Cor. 12:10

6 comments:

~Carrie~ said...

Hang in there girl! You are in my thoughts and prayers each day!

Love Ya-
Carrie B.

Sharlie Kaltenbach said...

You are so strong. We love you and pray for you every day. Remember we are all still sending you lots of energy and love. Keep that amazing perspective and attitude! Love, shar

Anonymous said...

Em, What a journey-truely when we are weak He is made strong in presence. OUr prayers are with you, remember Faith is young and very in the moment so she will not remember much of the absence. Just enjoy her when yall are there she will be fine!
Stay strong Em, I know God goes before you. We love you, In Him, susan and wes

Phyllis said...

Lots of prayers going for you guys!!

We love you,
Ollie, Phyllis and family

Tiff said...

darn!! I am so sorry this is such a hard time right now. I will be so thankful when you guys are able to rest.

We will continue to pray...

Love you lots..

Anonymous said...

just got your update. will be praying for a quick remedy and much less drama! yeah, callie! the Lord provided you just in time!