It's been a rough couple of days but God is faithful and He has showed Himself through His Word that He is right here with me. I just happen to come across a sermon that Callie was reading and it was exactly what I needed to here. Please take the time to read this very powerful message of God's mercies for today's troubles. Here are a couple of good points in the message~ http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/TopicIndex/32_Suffering/867_Todays_Mercies_for_Todays_Troubles/
- So we must not compound today's load with fretting over tomorrow's. We must not doubt God and say, "I have no more strength; so tomorrow will be impossible to live." That's not true. You will not be asked to live tomorrow on today's strength. What you need today is not tomorrow's strength, but today's faith that tomorrow's mercies will be new and will be enough.
- Today's mercies for today's troubles; tomorrow's mercies for tomorrow's troubles. "As your days so shall your strength be" (Deuteronomy 33:25). Don't be anxious about tomorrow. The troubles and the mercies are appointed day by day.
- The second was that there is fresh mercy from God for each day's appointed pain. Today's mercies are not designed to carry tomorrow's burdens. There will be mercies tomorrow for that. Today's mercies are for today's burdens.
I'm not sure how long this will last nor do the doctors. I pray this will pass as I can't imagine living like this forever. I hope not to have to go back into the hospital but we just take one day at a time and like this sermon said God gives us enough mercy for that day. Nothing much has changed as far as the pain other then the fact that I am very swollen all over (legs, ankles, feet, wrists, face, & stomach). I'm not sure what is causing me to swell up but I guess it is just part of this strange side effect. Jason took a picture of me earlier today and I thought I would share it with you.........
I wish I could say just kidding but it's not too far from the truth....=) We did have a good birthday for Callie though. I wish we could have done more but I think Callie had a good time. Jason cooked out and made a wonderful birthday dinner!
20!!!! It's hard to believe my little sister is 20!
The girls!
It's good to be home with my sweet girl
Thank you so much for the comments, words of encouragement. Your dedication to praying for us and lifting us up means so much to me. It challenges me every time to do the same. Now I understand why God doesn't ever want you to journey the Christian life alone, you need the encouragement, example, and support of fellow Christians. So, thank you for challenging me as well as cheering me on.




4 comments:
Hey Emily...Thanks for this post...i really liked the key points...definitely encouraging. Sorry about the pain still continuing. I'm so curious why it's still continuing and what it's from. I would think it was from the Thymo, that it would be gone, since it's been a week since finished. That's so odd. And I hate to hear that it hasn't subsided at all. I hope they figure out what's going on and get you on your way to feeling better. As always, you are in my prayers every night!
Well...i'm wide awake in the middle of the night like usual...can't sleep...so decided to catch up on some blog reading! Talk to you soon! Please let me know if you ever need anything...seriously!
I meant to say "if" the pain was from the Thymo...sorry I left that little word out!
Em-
thanks for the update. You do not look like the Pillsbury doe boy but its good to see you still have a sense of humor from all of this. I know this too shall pass! The key points were great and we should all remember that God gives strength for the moment and we should focus on that-thanks for reminding all of us.
Stay strong and we love you-In Him, susan and wes
Emily,
Hey girl. Sorry its been so long since I blogged you! My computer has been down. I really hate to hear that you are in so much pain. I am such a wimp when it comes to pain. I have an ulcer and went to the ER the other night w/ pain. I cannot imagine what you are going through. Our God is suuficent in His grace to proivide for us. Sometimes, like you said, it is so hard to see past the here and now to know that joy will come in the morning. Love ya girl!
Heather Light
Post a Comment