They say a picture is worth a thousand words so here are some pictures to describe our Sunday afternoon or a very normal day in the hospital. =)
Our favorite game to play in the hospital (too bad for Jason that I beat him most of the time, hehe)
the TV has only one channel..........The Olympics!!! (Or we just choose to keep it on 24/7)
Of course, a healthy stash of snacks to eat throughout the day (we really don't eat this bad but as you can see I threw in the MiraLax just in case, hehe)
A nice Sunday stroll around the nurses desk (work off all those healthy snacks)
So the things to do in the hospital are endless. =) I guess it wouldn't be hospital with an update so here is the update~ My joint pain continues to hit a new joint every night and last night was another long ordeal trying to find some relief from it all. The MRI came back clear (praise God) so they are now pretty certain this is a rare side effect (inflammation in my joints) from the Thymo. If I could get my night pain to a manageable place with a low dose of pain meds then I could go home but so far that has not been the case. We were joking that maybe we can go home in the day and just spend the night in the hospital (when it is worse). We just continue to take one day at a time and see how everything goes.
Praises~
- My lungs are doing good!
- Callie is here to help with Faith as well as our good friends
- When I say I'm in my second home that IS a good thing in the fact that I know the wonderful nurses and doctors (second family) and know the floor inside and out.
- A family (a CF/transplant guy who we have befriended) is up here due to some complications and we have been able to pray for them and kind of walk through this together
- My MRI came back clear
- I've been able to spend some good time with the Lord
Well, I better get back to my fun, Sunday activities but we pray tonight will be a healing one. Hope you and your families are doing well!
"For the Lord your God has blessed you in all the work of your hands. He knows your going through this great wilderness. These forty years (or 25 years in my case) the Lord your God has been with you. You have lacked nothing." Deut. 2:2




9 comments:
Em, I am continuely in awe of you as you always find praises in everything. God blesses that and I know there will be an end to all these side effects soon. You and Jason are so cute-praise God he is such a good man and backs off of nothing. (thanks Jason for taking such good care of Emily and Faith, your the best). We pray for a good next few nights. Let us hear. Stay strong. In Him, susan and wes
love you sweet friend! praying for you and thinking of you always.
Hey Emily...sorry you are in the hospital. I am praying that the pain goes away REAL soon. It must be a side effect. I know that Thymo can cause a wide variety of side effects and each person experiences different ones. I hope that the pain is from the Thymo and nothing else. I'm praying for you. Try not to have too much fun...i know it's tempting! Tell everyone I said hey! Keep in touch...I'm sure I'll see you around!
Praying every day. I wish I could take away some of this pain. Or better yet, ALL of it. You and your family have been through enough. Love you and can't wait till you get back to Texas.
Emily, Your sweet, positive attitude, in the midst of a post about unmanagable pain, is such an inspiration to me. . .and a testimony of the grace of our sweet Savior (who sticks closer than a brother). Frankly, I'm choked up after reading this. :)
We will continue to pray. Love from the Whites, E :)
Love Boggle!! Wish we were there to challenge your reign as "Boggle" queen! :)
Love you!!
Your strength comes from our Lord...that is the only place it could possibly come from! I praise Him for your sense of humor and your positive, praising attitude! He will honor that I know! Soon (and I know not too soon for you) this will be a distant memory! You will be home with Jason and Faith and able to live that life you have worked so hard to have! Hang in there and keep the faith!! Love you, JB
Emily, What a journey! You are an encouragement to all of us. Even Bekah's therapists know about you and are amazed at how well you are doing. What a wonder you are!!!!!!
Your posts always encourage me when I am down or feeling like life is spinning out of control.
I am praying for a pain free night and a speedy return home soon!
Keep your hopes high!
Xo
Somer
Post a Comment