Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Big Helper


If you were to come to our house you would see this very normal, daily routine of me doing my treatments and my little helper there to assist. It's amazing how you become very good at multi-tasking when you have children and add CF to that and you have no choice but to become a super, creative, octopus (many arms)! I took a picture of the most my two hands can do as well as remember what I'm doing and finish everything. Here I have my oxygen on (which thankfully that doesn't require hands), doing my vest (helps break down my mucus. I do twice a day), also my breathing treatment (3 or 4 times a day), as well as doing my IVs while looking at books with Faith or playing games. My little helper is always kind enough to help show me where every plug, tube, and syringe goes and I have to say she is right 95% of the time. It only becomes a real challenge when she feels mama is having all the fun and wants to take a puff of my treatment or push in the saline to my IV. I wish I could explain to her how blessed she is not to be having all this "fun". Maybe someday soon I won't have to be doing these treatments too. I've told Jason thinking about being able to breath well again or not having to do my treatments that I've done daily for 24 years is like telling a paralyzed person they can now walk. Although we pray and hope for transplant we know it is defiantly not a cure and know more or less it is trading one disease for another. We just hope the things that come with transplant are easier then what it is now. We have no new updates with transplant and thankfully for the moment I'm off IVs. Since the last call we got was at Christmas, it is just very hard to know when we might get another call. Every time the phone (which our home phone doesn't ring much since we use our cells more) rings your heart skips a beat thinking it might be the call. We continue to pray it might be this summer!
"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord". Psalm 27:14

3 comments:

And then there were Five said...

we pray for you daily and sometimes several times a day that the new lungs will get here soon (samuel's words). I am sure Faith is as busy as Amelia and constantly "helping" it is a delight to have a little girl to help momma. the twins are beginning to take thier toll- and we are having ggod days and bad- God has been a wonderful sustainer for the bad days- and for these i am thankful that they remind me of my need for him!!! Love you and miss you guys! Suzanne
Loved christie's blog!

susan said...

Emily, We pray for you often and loved seeing you on the blog. Faith is beautiful. We pray God will send those lungs to you soon-stay strong-God is good! luv, susan reeves

Phyllis said...

Hey Emily, Jason and Faith,
Mitzi gave me your blog sight months ago and I just now found it!! Anyway, wanted you to know that you continue to be in our prayers. This past week I also sent an e-mail to several of my friends who are intercessors asking them to lift you guys up.
All's well in big Sweetwater.
Love you guys,
Phyllis, Ollie and crew