What a joy it has been for me to check my blog and read all the comments from our family and friends! Although I need to head to bed since last night was a rough one and I ended up not getting much sleep, I wanted to give you a day 4 update.
News for today~ Although they removed one of my chest tubes yesterday I still have a small air pocket on both of my lungs that need to re-inflate. They don't want to remove the tubes until it has totally re-inflated which I'm all for because although I want the tubes out I don't want them put back in! It is very common for it to take time for the lungs to go back to their normal size so it should resolve itself hopefully soon. Even after the lungs have re-inflated all the way it still can take several weeks for the lungs to regain it's full function again. Meaning my lung function test that use to be 16-19% should continue to go up, maybe into the nineties! Wow, I can't even fathom! My lungs sound and look great on the x-rays and the doctors are more then pleased with my progress!
I got to walk 3 times today and made 3 laps each time, believe it or not I enjoy walking because I get so stiff in the bed due to my incision in my back and the chest tubes. And they want you to walk walk walk! It was so sweet when Jason showed Faith my two incisions on my back and she very sweetly said, "Oh no, Oh no". She has made sure mama is being taken care of and she watches very closely whenever the nurse or doctor examine me. She thinks she is quite in charge and I think we are beginning to think she is right. =) Just kidding
Prayers Request~ They have stopped one of my medicines due to my kidney levels being a little high so as they try to change or get my medicines right for my body they have to watch my liver and kidneys. We pray those organs continue to do well with everything that is going on in my body. Pray for Faith as she has done well but is having a tough time with the craziness of all the changes but I think she is getting better. As always pray for Jason and my mom has they tend to all of my needs and Faiths. Pray for sleep for me as it's hard with the in and out of hospital life as well as just trying to be comfortable to sleep.
Well, I better stop here since my mind is getting quite fuzzy and I will probably begin to repeat myself or not make much sense. Thanks again for everything! We love you!
~Emily M.
P.S- if you have questions I can try to answer them but we just want to keep you as best updated as possible since you are our prayer warriors and much appreciated support!
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Day 4
Posted by Emily at 9:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




14 comments:
So wonderful hearing from and about you and the family!! We love you lots and lots!!
Phyllis, Ollie, April, Ollie T. and Brianne
Praying for you girl--thanks for letting us know specifically what prayers you need!
Emily,
I so excited about your new set of lungs and how well you are doing. What an amazing story! You are a tremendous encouragement and inspiration as people see your faith in the midst of very difficult circumstances. I'm really proud of you.
This is the 3rd comment I've tried to sent so hopefully I get it figured out this time. I look forward to reading your blog 2 or 3 times a day. You and Emily have done a great job and what a fantastic way of keeping people up to date.
Praying for you and love you.
Uncle Tom
Em-What a joy to hear from you. We are praying constantly! Stay strong. In Him, susan and wes
Emily, it has been a blessing to read your blog and thanks to Emily T I have been able to keep up with everything. I cry everytime I read more about your progress, because it gives me hope for our daughter. I hope we actually get to see you at some point. You are in my prayers. Tanna
I'm praying for the Dr.'s wisdom as I write! That he will know what to give you and when and that all the organs in your little body will be thrilled with the combination of meds. I pray for every tiny corner of your lungs to inflate properly and I pray that those tubes will soon be gone for good! I pray for Faith, Jason and your Mom as I know they are anxious to have you home with them! And...of course I want to continue to thank our Lord for this wonderful miracle! I love you,
Johnnie B....rest now!
We will continue to pray for more good news. Also, thanks so much for allowing us to be a part of this journey with you and your family. It continues to be our priviledge to lift you up to the Father and to rejoyce with you all.
We love you,
Byron Smith (your short term boss)
Hi Emily. I am so excited to read your comments. I am praying for you and your family. We (Shannon L) and I were going to come visit today but things didn't fall into place. Hope to see you soon though! Love ya,
Heather L.
Dear Emily,
Stacy showed me your blog and I just read your post about your new lungs. I am so happy for you even though it sounds as if you have really had some extreme pain. We will be praying for less pain and total recovery --- lots of energy, no shortness of breath and no anti- rejection of the new lungs.
Francene and Kenneth James (Stacy McGinnis' parents if you don't remember us.)
Emily, How are you? I'm still thinking of you several times a day and praying for you often! Emily AND Jason, please be thorough as you think of ways people can help meet needs. Many people would love to do what they can, so don't hesitate to let us know. We'll be asking, so keep us a list going!
Take care and I pray you get deep rest tonight. --Carrie W.
Emily and Jason! J.J. and I have been praying for you, since we got emails from both Suzanne Pach and Christie (via Bec) about the surgery. I've been in Atlanta all week at my Mom's, and I wasn't able to check your blog (computer kept blocking me), but have been thrilled today to catch up on all of the post-surgery news.
After reading your last blog, before the transplant call, I had JUST told J.J. what a sweet and positive person you are. Your faith is lovely to behold (even from afar, through the blog-world). Sometimes looking at pics of your sweet family, I'd almost forget that you were ill. It's neat that your last post (before the call) was about how God's timing is perfect, despite how hard the wait had been.
Anyway, I just wanted you to know that we're rejoicing with you, and we'll be continuing to pray for your recovery, Erika, J.J. and five little Whites :)
Dear Sweet Emily,
We are so excited about your new "parts"! My excitement is only tempered by my inability to figure out how to comment to the blog we are so grateful for and constantly tuned in to. Here goes Try #????
Even from childhood your life struggle has been such an awesome testimony to the world around you. You never wavered in your faith that "God would make a way where there seems to be no way." He has again proven that He is who He says He is and will do what He says He will do. Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you" declareth the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future." Your future is certainly looking brighter today and we are so grateful. We are especially grateful for Jason and the wonderful prayer and support team God has provded for you. Everyone needs an Emily Tardy in their life!!!
We, along with our churches here in MN and also in AZ, will continue to bring your ongoing needs before the Great Physician. You are HUGELY loved, dear girl. Rest in that. G&G Vander Grift
Emily, I wanted you to know how much of an inspiration you are to me. Seeing you and your strength, and your continued trust in God through everything turns my eyes to a place I haven't looked in a while, towards God. I am so so so happy that you got the lungs, and that I can read about your progress. I am praying for you, Jason and Faith. I miss you all, and love you. Thank you again, I thank God that I've been able to see you through all these years, and to see the tenderness in your heart towards God... Again, thanks em, and thank you Jason for being a STUD!
Your cuz in Montana, Jared
Post a Comment