As we wait to hear more specific news about Emily's surgery, I thought I'd share with you a personal observation. Emily and I were able to talk on the phone last night for about 45 minutes while Jason and her brother Ryan went out for a guys night. This was all before they received the transplant call. I remember hanging up the phone and thinking how good Emily sounded! The last couple of months have been pretty difficult for her physically as she has been in more pain, been more tired, and on IV therapy. Since most of our friendship is on the phone, we've become pretty accustomed to reading each other's voices and the sometimes hidden stories behind them. For the first time in a while, I did not hear her cough, her voice was strong and encouraged, and she did not sound tired or in pain. Now, after knowing she is in surgery, I'm so grateful that she was feeling stronger than she had been and hope that this added strength will be a blessing in her surgery and in her recovery. ~Emily T
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Emily T., thanks for keeping us updated. We will continue blanketing the family, doctors, and the donor's family in prayer.
Emily, Jason, & Faith;
We want you to know that we love you and that this morning we had a really special class as we prayed and read scripture for you. We are excitingly awaiting to hear updates!
In Christ, Your Sunday School Class
We appreciate the updates. Thanks, Beth L.
Emily, Jason and Faith---
Our entire church was praying for you, the medical team, and the donor family this morning. We look forward to continued good reports!!! Emily T. thanks for the updates.
Jason's aunt and family
Phyllis, Ollie and crew
Post a Comment