Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thank You!

"But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called today." Heb. 3:13

This is what you all have been doing for me as I recover and I can barely type the words THANK YOU without tears. Your prayers and encouraging words have meant everything. It's been a difficult couple of days but I just have to remind myself how much God has done, despite the pain I have wonderful, healthy lungs and everything else is looking good. All the doctors say my lungs sound better then any lungs they have heard post transplant. Praise God! They also took out a little less then half of my 103 staples (yes, Jason had to count them). Faith was sitting right beside me when they took them out and she was quite concerned and kept saying, "Oh no, Oh no". Although she was worried she did not want to leave my side and of course she was a good support for mama. Even though she is not to fond of the hospital room she is so sweet always wanting to sit by me and give kisses and hugs. Good medicine for mama!

We pray this pain medicine works so I can maybe go home tomorrow! I am still struggling with nausea so that is the other thing they want to make sure is OK before I leave.

I better head to bed but I wanted to say hello and thank you again! We love you!
~Emily

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily-
Found some scripture that I wanted to share with you:
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous hand.
Isaiah 41:10

I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, Move from here to there and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.
Matthew 17:19-20

Carrie B.

Carrie Woods said...

Emily, we are all rooting for you today!! So many people have also told me that they're sharing all your prayer requests with thier families' churches!

Have a wonderful day!!!!

Carrie W.

Anonymous said...

Emily, Jason, and Faith,
I heard this song on KLove today and thought of you. You have both been able to turn back to God and say Blessed be your name in any situatuion. If you can find the song and listen to it would be awesome. It is by Matt Redman. I wrote down the words for you.
Blessings Tanna
"Blessed Be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name

Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your name"

Anonymous said...

praise God, it is so good to hear from you.You go girl. stay strong.In Him, susan and wes

Anonymous said...

Emily! I can't tell you how many times we have prayed that you would recieve your lungs! PRAISE THE LORD that your prayers have been answered! You are such an amazing woman. I hope that one day that I can be as strong as you!

Melissia (Reeves) Hoke

Anonymous said...

Hello Emily,
I sure admire your strong persevering spirit over the years. I've had a tough time the last five weeks and the way it has worn me down physically and emotionally, and then I think about your situation and I think WOW! You are one of my heroes. Your faith, perseverance, fighting spirit in the midst of incredible challenges is a powerful testimony - thanks. Keep fighting! I'm praying for you and sure enjoy your blog.
Love,
Uncle Tom