Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Emily!

Today is Emily's birthday and she will hopefully be getting discharged from the hospital today. Let's leave her lots of comments and messages to wish her a very Happy Birthday! We love you Em and are so thankful for your life!

P.S. If you have had trouble commenting, here are some step-by-step directions to help you out.
*Note: You can comment without signing up for a Blogger account.

At the bottom of each post, there is the date it was posted and the author (Emily) and then the number of comments. Put your pointer over the word comments and click the link. It will take you to the comments page for that post.

On the left hand side are the comments that have already been posted (if any) and the right hand side contains the box to leave your comment. Type your comment in the box and if you do not have an account and don't want one, be sure to put your name so she knows who the comment is from.

Next, if you don't have a blogger account, it will ask you for a word verification. This is to help protect the blog from getting spam from "people" who should not really be commenting on the blog. Just enter in the sequence of letters or numbers in the blank.

Then scroll down to where the orange text says "Choose An Identity". Click in one of the circles next to Google/Blogger (if you have an account or a blog using Blogger), Open Id (if you have a different blog like Wordpress), Name/URL (if you want to just type in your name or if you have a website you want to list), or Anonymous (if you don't want to enter anything). Be sure to fill out the blanks it provides you. I highly recommend you at least use Name/URL to identify yourself by having your name linked to your comment.

Then click "Publish Your Comment" and your done! Hope that helps!
~Emily T

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY DIRKS MULKEY!! I've been following your blog ever since you went into the hospital for the transplant, and praying, praying, praying! We Raifords celebrate with you your wonderful new lungs, your eternal life, and the precious Father who gave them to you. May He continue to keep, rescue, sustain and strengthen you in the hears ahead!
Love and best wishes,
Jan Raiford and family

Jessica said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR EMILY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ;-)

I hope you have a wonderful day sweetie.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Emily; You have a new life and we are so thankful. It is so good to keep up with you every day, I check you site several times a day and read all the comments. We Love you.
Grandpa and Grandma Wordelman

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Emily! I have been reading your website daily and I am so glad to see how God is strengthening you! He truly is our healer isn't He? =)
Love your friend~
Lissa Pfuntner

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Emily!!!! You don't know me, I've just been a blog follower:) I can only imagine what a wonderful birthday this is for you! A whole new beginning with your new lungs! YAHOO!!!!! I'm glad to read how well things are going for you!!!!! And, I LOVE reading about how strong your faith is, no matter what the circumstance!:) Such an inspiration!

Praying in NY, Amy

Carrie Woods said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EMILY!!

Have a GREAT birthday, girl! You deserve a really special day just because of who you are!

I hope to be able to see you soon.

Carrie W.:)

Phyllis said...

Happy, happy, happy birthday Emily!!
We love you lots,
The Wilburns

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Emily! I am a friend of your mother, and I follow your blog daily. I am so happy for you and your family, and I keep all of you in my prayers. I admire your strength and look forward to continuing to read about your new life.

I hope you have a wonderful day and the best year ever!

Blessings,
Christy Anderson

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! We have been celebrating in your honor here in Lubbock and hopefully our representatives-Jane and Brandon-will get to see you today give you a big hug from all of us. We are counting the days until you are here...

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday from the Hale family! We are pryaing for ya'll everyday, and are enjoying th vicarious blessing we are receiving from your recovery! Brenyn loved her birthday present, thank you so much for getting it for her! Talk to ya'll soon.
Shannon

Anonymous said...

Happy golden birthday! It is so wonderful to know you and be part of your life. You are a wonderful example of a daughter of the Lord! One I greatly look up to. It is such a blessing to see your faith and God's hand through this amazing ordeal. Love you and always praying for you.
Shay

CYNTHIA said...

i'm putting this on your facebook, too, but HAPPY BDAY, EMILY...in every way. and thanks for reminding me not to take my own days for granted. love ya'!

Ashley said...

Happy 1st Birthday with your new lungs!!! I am so happy for you and praying this will be a wonderful year of "firsts" as you enjoy a new way of life!

Ashley Hilliard

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Aunt Emily!
Love, Grant and Dasha

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! Wish I could be down there with everybody! Maybe this year you'll be able to blow out the candles with ease! :) God is so cool!

Melissa

Anonymous said...

I hope you are having a great day. I know this year you are feeling blessed! May God grant you more ahead and more time with Faith as she grows up in life.
Happy Birthday!!!!!!
Nathan, Tanna, Jaden, Bekah and James!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Emily! You are a quarter of a century old now! LOL Wait that doesn't sound right! LOL I guess you could get me back and say I am almost a third century old. LOL But seriously, I am truly happy to see that you're celebrating your birthday this way, with a new life!! Praise God! I wish you many, many more!!!!

Love, Heather Canada and family

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Emily!
We hope you have a wonderful day and a new life full of deep breaths, laughter with out coughing, energy to keep with your baby girl, and even a few moments that take your breath away (in a good way).

Love you Much!
Vanessa & Philip

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!I'M PRAYING FOR YOU I HOPE YOUR DOING BETTER!!
SARAH

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily,
A great big hug and Happy Birthdat greeting to you from all of us Schlenders in Montana!! We are continuing to lift you and your family in prayer. Our God is so good and so faithful!! Have a wonderful day. We love you! Kevin and Teresa and family :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Emily!! I hope you are having a GREAT Birthday!!!

Julie R.

Anonymous said...

Em-HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIRACLE GIRL.In Him, wes and susan

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Emily. We have been praying for you, Jason, Faith, and everyone helping you out. Hope to see you next month.

Micahl said...

happy happy birthday, happy happy birthday....whoohooo!!! first birthday with a full breath!!! can't wait to see you next month, we will celebrate in style....not sure what that means, but i'm sure it will be fun!

Tiff said...

Happy Birthday!! Love you lots and hope your day was wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Emily! It was so good to see you today. You look so great and it was nice to meet your special friend, Emily too. :) I am in awe of the greatness of God, thank you for allowing us to witness it through you and your life. Your faith and strentgh puts me on my knees. I thank God for you and pray you are blessed with many. many many more wonderful birthdays. I hope to see you again real soon. Take care. OH Yea! You'll be happy to know Pastor Britt read one of your blogs tonight at church. Everyone is praying for you!!! Tell jason thank you for setting everything up so we could come visit. You can tell by his actions how much he loves you. It's so sweet. Ya'll are such a precious family.
Much love and Prayers,
Heather Light

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Emily!
It was so good to see you today! I was amazed at how beautiful you looked and at how well you were getting around. If I didn't know better I would not believe you just had a lung transplant. Isn't God awesome! How did it feel to be able to blow out ALL those candles?
Hope your day was GREAT~
See you soon~

Carrie B.

kathyw said...

Martin and Kathy send special birthday greetings to our special Emily with NEW LUNGS!
CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!
Love always,
The Waters

Emily T said...

I guess I should leave you a comment too! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!! I had so much fun with you today and I'm so glad you were able to come "home" to enjoy your special day. I hope it really was one of your all time favorite birthdays. What a fun time to celebrate!

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Happy Birtday Emily! I think I'm the last to post - just getting in at 11:59pm! :-) I can't wait to see you when I get home from NC - I hope you continue to do well and get better and better every day! My prayers are with you on this wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Emily!! Our family is following your journey and praying for you. You are an amazing woman and an inspiration.
Love, The Johnsons (Barry, Marci, Chloe and Niko)

anne said...

Happy Birthday Emily! I can't imagine the feeling of not having to do my treatments! So awesome. Still praying for the recovery. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Emily! I enjoyed being able to see you and eat strawberry shortcake with you! Love, Beth L.