Sunday, June 8, 2008

Messages for Emily & Jason

Please comment on this post with any words of encouragement, prayers, verses, thoughts, etc that would be an encouragement to Emily and Jason. I am located in Nashville and decided to stay here today in order to keep the blog updated quickly but will be heading to the hospital tomorrow morning. Due to poor internet coverage in the hospital, I will print any comments on this post to give to Jason & Emily tomorrow morning before I leave. I know she will eventually get to read every comment but this will be specifically for tomorrow. No matter if you know her or not, feel free to comment as this is a great way to bless her in her recovery!

36 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily & Jason~

You don't know me, I'm just a blog follower:) I don't even remember how I found your blog, maybe through the CF Husband blog? . Anyway... my best friend from High School has CF too. She had her first baby a little over a year ago and is doing very well. Because of her, since I came across your blog I've been following it! She is not in the position of needing a lung transplant at this time, but I realize this may be something she has to think about one day.

First I would like to say you have a beautiful family.

Second, even though I don't know you, I was so excited to read that your lungs had arrived!

One thing I've noticed in following your blog, is that you seem so strong in your faith! I really admire that and its a very strong witness to people who may be reading your blog!

I will be praying for your family and am glad to read that thus far things seem to be going smoothly!

God Bless You!

Praying in NY, Amy

kathyw said...

Dear Jason ... and "our other" Emily:

Martin and I have kept you before the Lord today as we have requested from Him that He blanket you in His special love and care. Our words and thoughts are really inadequate to express our love and care, but He is able to do all in His love! May you sense His covering in awesome ways.

You have been such a testimony to us in waiting on Him ... we are finding waiting to be hard work ... we are grateful that you have showed us faithfulness in your waiting on Him.

Wish we could sit and enjoy some of that sweet tea and brownies with you! ... one day soon!

Hugs,

Martin and Kathy Waters

Anonymous said...

I don't even know where to start. I am thrilled and humbled by the testimony God has given of His faithfulness and purpose in your lives.

Jason - it was unbelievable to see you standing so strong and so in love in the waiting room today. The prayers of the righteous man availeth much and you are living proof of that. Even as I type that I know you would humbly remind me of the 100 others prayering as well.

Emily - LUNGS!!! I am so thrilled I can't stand it. I so often think of your top 100 list and the one about taking a deep breathe and I praise God that time has come.

We can't wait to see all of you again soon.

We truly thank God when we remember you in our prayers
The Morgans

Phyllis said...

Emily and Jason,
We love you both so much and will continue to hold you up in prayer.

"Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father Who loved us and gave us everlasting consolation and encouragement and well-founded hope through [His] grace (unmerited favor), comfort and encourage your hearts and strengthen them [make them steadfast and keep them unswerving] in every good work and word." II Thess 2:16-17 (amplified)

We pray for continued steadfastness and that your body continues to prosper even as your soul prospers!!!

Much love and prayers from
Uncle Ollie, Aunt Phyllis, April, Ollie T. and Brianne

Unknown said...

Hi Emily and Jason,
We are soooooo happy for you. We will continue to pray for your complete recovery. God bless.
Elizabeth & Gene Cochran

Anonymous said...

Emily and Jason -

It has been too long since I have seen or talked to you, but as one who has known Emily for a long time, I am extremely excited at this news today. You have been such an encouragement to me and I hope that our prayers can encourage you. Know that you are loved by many and that there are all kinds of people praying for your recovery. Thanks for giving us a glimpse of your story!

Michael and Erika Waters

And then there were Five said...

Hello my dear friends- i cannot even express the blessing that this day has been- as Samuel stated today "i knew God would hear my prayers for Ms. Emily" How many lives your family has touched and will continue to touch! We are in constant prayer for Emily your healing and Jason that God will sustain you through the trying hours and sleepless nights!

Psalm 63:7
Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you, your right hand upholds me.

Micahl said...

Sweet Em,
As I heard the news early this morning, I was so excited I could not find words.

I rejoice in the Lord's timing, it is perfect! His timing for your marriage, the beautiful baby you have been blessed with and now for NEW LUNGS!

You continue to be a true example of faith and hope and I feel so blessed to have you in my life.

I pray your body will be strong, and that you will be back in Texas soon! Jason, and Faith---we love you all!

Micahl and Matt

Anonymous said...

I am so very thrilled for you!!
We are praying for you and look forward to updates.
Love, Beth Landreth

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily (and Jason and Faith), This is the McCleary family here. Maybe you will remember us from when we lived in Lubbock and attended GCC. We visited in your home when we were in Lubbock for Matt Ryan's wedding. We have been getting email updates on you (and Callie when she was sick)for quite some time and have been checking your blog. We were so happy when we checked today to see that you were in surgery. You are on our church prayer chain and have been in our thoughts and prayers for quite some time. You have such a sweet family. We'll continue to follow your progress!
With Love,
Bob Rene'Seth and Aubrey

Anonymous said...

From Jacob: I am really happy that your surgery is over. I really miss you. I can't wait until you come live in Lubbock. I love you!
From Peter: I am happy for your new lungs. I prayed a long time they would come.
From Jane: Dear Emmy,I am 1,000X thankful you got your lung transplant. I love you a lot. I will keep praying for you whenever I think about you.
From Tom: Dear Emmy,I am glad that your got your new lungs. I am praying that you will be all well soon so you can come to Lubbock.

Oh Em! What a glorious day! I have met it with my usual response-lots and lots of tears. (The kids want to know why they don't cry loud and long when they are happy!) They were tears of joy and relief and this afternoon has been full of the pleasure of sharing good news with multitudes of people who have been praying for you. I feel like Santa!
We continue to pray for you-I know you are not quite feeling glorious yourself, but keeping fighting Warrior Girl, good days are ahead. I have been on Nate and Tricia's blog a lot to day, imagining your face smiling as you hold Faith again and walk out of the doors of the hospital. Eyes on the prize! And it may take awhile, but I can't wait to hear your description of a deep, full breath.

We are both so thankful that you are our children's aunt and uncle. In you, they have such a lovely example of patience in pain, faithfulness in trusting your Lord and cheerful service. We love you.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Only someone with a big God could be so small and so strong at the same time. I've never heard anything but strong and brave when Emily tells me stories about you or when I read about you on your or her blog. As my 3 year old quotes from Joshua, "Be strong and courageous! For the Lord your God is with you." He is truly with you! I will continue to pray as you recover.

Your friend through Emily,
Kelly Lessel

Unknown said...

Emily and Jason--We were thrilled to learn this morning at Melonie Park Church that our many prayers for healthy lungs for you has been answered. You have been in our thoughts and prayers all day, and we trust that in the days ahead, God will give you good health, energy, and joy. Please know that we will continue to pray for you and your precious family. Chuck and Amy Eaton

Carrie Woods said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

We're praying for all of you guys. What a glorious testament you all are to God's grace and provisions.

The Randolphs

Carrie Woods said...

Emily, Jason, and Faith,

I know that you already know, but I thought I'd remind you of how many people are praying for you. SO many people have lifted you up today and will continue to do so! I have prayed SO much for you today! Truett was preaching today and he called for those who wanted to come to the altar to pray for you... what a response there was! Melissa Lees, Beth L, and I prayed for about an hour and a half this morning as I know your SS did as well. I think somehow we may have covered every possible thing that needed to be prayed over! It just kept flowing between the three of us and each time we thought we had covered it all, He brought more and deeper things to mind. How precious you are to us!

I am so excited for you! Shawn and I were just talking about new lungs for you this morning as we drove to church and then we arrived to find out you were just going in surgery! Wow! We didn't even know you had been called!

They sang a song this morning that has had such new meaning for me through you. How neat that it was on cue for today! The verse it's based on is one that found new life as I searched for something to encourage you many months ago... Isaiah 40:31 "Yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary."

What a picture of your last year. You have waited for SO long and He has continued to give you new strength and to mount you up on wings like eagles. Now you will be able to physically run and not get tired, walk and not become weary!

Thank you Emily and Jason for the blessing you have been to me and to so many! I pray joy for you and a quick recovery. I love you, Emily.

I hope to be seeing you soon,
Carrie Woods:)

Anonymous said...

EMILY: The first thing we heard as we walked into church this morning was that Emily had lungs waiting on her and she was in surgery. What glorious words to hear on such a beautiful day. In the short time that I've known you, I've grown to admire you more and more each time I see you. Your beautiful spirit radiates through your heart and on your face. You've never missed a beat. Oh what a witness you are to not only non-believers but also fellow believers. You remind me that each minute of each day is a precious gift given to us through the grace of our precious Lord. You've fought the fight for so long, and God is there to help you keep fighting. Please know that you have people all over the world continually praying for you. Word is passed quickly and many of my friends are calling me to check on you already. We continually pray for the donor's family as you've requested as well and praise God for using such a tragedy for His glory.

JASON: What an example of true love, never failing, never ending - its been so neat to watch you stand by Emily's side with a smile on your face. I can only hope and pray that Jim and I can raise Parker to learn to love in such a way. God's strength is evident through your face. Jim and I are in and out of Birmingham each week, all week, so PLEASE let us know if we can do ANYTHING at all for you! 770.317.4040 (Jim) 205.807.4610 (Kelly)

We love you both and cannot wait to see Emily take in a breath...what a sweet aroma of praise!

Joy and Smiles
Kelly Powell

Anonymous said...

Hello to the Mulkeys:

I am so glad that Beth L. called me today and let me in on this incredible day of surgery. I couldnt believe my ears when I heard her say on the machine that you were in surgery and as the day progressed, hearing all the updates, it was all so spectacular. We are so joyful for all that God is doing for you and will continue to do each day. As many people have mentioned, your family continues to be an inspiration to all who know you and we pray for strength as your body heals. What a great day, I love it when God just pokes out in a BIG way. Tammy and Scott Mills

Anonymous said...

Ok...so Mary told me to check this site out. It's AWESOME! I've been keeping up with everything throughout the day & then I came here :) WOW...I am crying tears of joy for you guys! This is it! FOR REAL! It's finally done! TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!!! I am SOOOOOO happy for you guys!!!!!!!!!!!

Emily- You are like the greatest person in the whole world! There are so many times you could have thrown in the towel & gave up on God and just quit. But you showed God & everyone else around you what kind of faith you have & how stong you are! I love you SOOOO much! You are the perfect example!

I cannot wait to tell everyone at CFA!!! They will be THRILLED to hear the WONDERFUL news! We have been praying for you guys constantly!

Don't forget to come see all your friends at CFA in Cullman before you move far, far away :) If you guys need ANYTHING we are MORE THAN willing to help in any way we can! PLEASE let us know!

Well...I've said plenty...I can't believe how big baby Faith is already! It's crazy! And as far as Jason goes...still looks like the same crazy insane guy. (hehe) Love ya Jason! Thank you guys for impacting my life! You have no idea how your lives, your situation, & your faith has impacted me. You guys have been a huge blessing to me & I am so thankful that God put you in my life! Just know: God has brought you this far & has done this much! HE WILL NOT LET YOU DOWN! Love you guys!
-BESSIE-

Phyllis said...

Papa and Mimi Johnson send their love. Mimi said that when she told Papa today, he just smiled and choked up(in a good way this time!!!) a little.

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a blessing! The Lord has shown Himself mighty on your behalf time and time again, and this is yet another measure of His unending faithfulness. How encouraging it is for me to see your faith in Him, Emily. You and your family are truly experiencing the 'riches of Christ Jesus'(Phil 4:19), as He has abundantly provided for your every need. His faithfulness to your family is truly beautiful to behold.

My prayers and thoughts are with you as you recover, and my family and I rejoice with you, knowing that in the days to come He will give you an abundance of strength, healing, grace, rest, and provision.

Thank you both, Emily and Jason, for depending on the Lord and trusting His will and timing.
Your example is a blessing to me and so many others.
Beth Bradley

Anonymous said...

Emily: You have been in my prayers all day. Rest easy now and know that the LORD is glorified today because of the witness that you are and have been to all who know you. We're with you all the way.

Jason: I pray that you'll be strengthened and cared for by those around you.

Rejoice, Rejoice, Rejoice!!! It's like Christmas today...

Jessica said...

Hey Emily,

I was so excited to hear your great news! I cant even imagine what is going thru your mind. I am so happy for you. I love you Emily! I have been praying for you and will continue to pray for your recovery :)

Jessica Garcia

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily!
I am so excited for you! I got a call last night that you might be getting your new lungs...I kept waking up all night looking at the clock- hoping and praying that they would soon be yours. I kept thinking about how great it would be for you to FINALLY be able to take a DEEP breath! Your stregth and faith are a testimony to so many. Won't it be awesome to be out of breath...not because of your lungs but because you are chasing Faith though the park! You & your family are loved and thought about by so many. You are all such a witness to the strength, courage & blessings our Lord provides.

Love You Guys-
Carrie Bentley

Tiff said...

Hey Emily,

Yay!! I am so excited for your news!! We have been fiercely praying for you and are so thankful for the success of your surgery.
You are such an amazing example. You shine with your attitude and your faith in what God is doing even when it seems a little scary.
I love you and will continue to pray for your recovery. Take deep breaths when that vent comes out and taste the goodness of our God.
I am so thrilled for you.

Lots of love,
Tiff and family.
Isaiah 43:1-3

The Sandlin Family said...

Girl we're praying hard with lots of happy tears. Hope you have a quick and joyous hospital stay.
Tara, Destin and Sadie

Anonymous said...

Emily and Jason, Wish we could be there to encourage you in person and touch your "pink fingernails". Texas is rejoicing and word is spreading fast about your new lungs. We are keeping our kids posted and they call often to check on you. We love and miss yall. Be strong! luv, susan and wes

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily, Jason and Faith,
I stand in awe of our amazing God! Oh Emily, how very wonderful for you. You are such an example to me. I am thankful God has allowed me the opportunity to know you and your precious family. I am praisng God for you! Oh how wonderful He is. I love you girl! You'll need some special flip flops to walk out of the hospital with! Any requests? :) I pray a quick recovery and continued good news.
Heather Light

Anonymous said...

South Plains Crossing FSU
Emily and Jason,
You are in our thoughts and prayers! Excited about your recovery and the prospects of you being in Texas soon.

Water From Wind said...

Yaaah HOOOO! Love you Emily!!! There were many prayer vigils for you today! It is thrilling to hear that everything has gone so well thus far. I will continue to pray for your immune system that it will be strong against infection and in healing, but not miss interpret your new lungs as foreign. WHOO HOOOOOoooo!!! I've cried tears of joy so many times today that I won't need my eye make-up remover as I head to bed. :) You are a blessing, I pray God continues to bless the world through you and all that He does through you! And not just because you were born with CF, but because you are Emily and full of faith and life. I know I've said it before but...I love you, and thank God for enriching my life with you! May you heal quickly by the resurrection power that our God, living inside you, possesses.

Melissa Lees

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily this is Grace McGinnis your long time neighbor!

I am so excited about your lungs, just as much excited as i was that Faith was healthy! i know that you moved and i don't know alot about your family anymore, but i do remember when you had to do your daily breathing machine thing and put on your vest. I hated having to watch you sit there and read or watch TV. you have always been on the top of my prayer request list! I love your LOVE for God and it is so much fun seeing you relate everything to Him and talk so freely about Him! I am so excited about your lungs and I will keep praying for you and your family!

Jeremiah 29:11 says,
"for I know the plans I have for you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you."

I love you!

~grace~

Anonymous said...

Em & Jason,

Words can not even express how happy we are for your new lungs. Ever since Marybeth called us yesterday morning I have been checking the blog for updates (thanks Emily Tardy!)
We are praying for you both, your doctors and nurse staff & of course of the family & friends that are able to be with you right now. We are looking forward to you being able to come home to Texas and now you are so much closer to that! If you need us to do anything on this end please let us know! Love Y'All!
Praising God for the Blessings!

Philip & Nessa

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily~
I was so surprised when I checked out your blog today and saw that you had already been through transplant! I am so excited for you!! I am praying for your recovery. I have enjoyed getting back in touch with you over Facebook. Maybe we will be able to see each other in person again sometime. I would really like that.
Love your friend~
Lissa

Anonymous said...

Emily and Jason,
We are so thrilled to learn of your transplant and God's timing in everything! Our prayers are with your recovery and healing. We know you are getting stronger and God's hands have never left you. Love, Hannah and Justin Sparks

Jesse said...

Hey Emily and Jason,

I just wanted to let you know that I love you guys, and I've been praying for you both! I am so happy God is greater than our wildest imagination, and He blesses us with each day we can glorify Him.

I miss you two a lot, and I can't wait to meet your baby Faith. Keep up the good work the Christ has begun in both of you, and lean on Him for strength.

May you both be surrounded by His angels, and His saints!

- Jesse Schlender

Ted Ludlow said...

Hi Emily, Jason & Faith,
I am always confused if we should write a comment to "dear Emily" or "messages for Emily & Jason" so this time I'll write to you both.

We are so grateful for the refreshing news of how well you are doing. How wonderful to have healthy lungs and be able to breath. Only you, Emily can really know the joy of such a thing. You have been and continue to be in our prayers of thanksgiving for God's grace and kindness to all of you. We and our prayer group continue to uphold you and hope for a speedy return to your life in Texas. Sending our love and hugs, Uncle Ted & Aunt Pam