I get to be one of the official blog writers today. It has been such a privilege to be here with my sweet daughter and see this miracle unfold. It still doesn't seem real except for certain signs like....no coughing and no need for oxygen. Those two things make me realize that she is about to embark on a new way of life and I am thrilled for her.
Having said that ....I wish we could fast forward past the recovery period because even though this is a wonderful gift it is hard to go through the healing part.
Yesterday was a very difficult day. It seems like she has one good day then one hard one. The nurse gave her a very thorough sponge bath and hair washing which was great but afterwards she started having extreme pain. She was given an extra dose of pain medication but continued to hurt most of the day. The doctor decided to give her a pump where she could control her own pain medication. That has helped.
Just now at 12:30 p.m. she is one step closer to freedom. She just got a chest tube pulled out so now she is left with just 2 more to go. Emily says that today she feels the sorest that she has felt....like someone beat her up. And indeed it's almost like that.
Another good sign that she is getting better is that she is wanting to coordinate things with Faith and making a list of what to do for the day.
Jason and I have been taking turns with one of us spending the night with Emily and the other staying with Faith at the townhouse. Last night Jason stayed with Emily and (bless his heart) it took her many tries to awaken him. He slept right through x-ray coming in to take a picture of her. She needs a cold wash rag to throw at him......just kidding.
To sum up this little entry..... I thank God for the kindness that He has shown to Emily in providing her a beautiful set of lungs and look forward to seeing her do things she has only dreamed about for so long. She is so precious to me and I'm very glad I can be here to experience this new start with her. Love, mama
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Saturday News from Mama
Posted by Emily at 11:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
hey emily- we are surviving the heat and have had these kids in the pool everyday this week- we think we have settled on Lucy and Benjamin for names- we have an ultrasound on Monday so we will see how the names suit them! We are so excited that you are healing well- My women's bible study did not have a dry eye as i told them about your news! We have been praying for so long for "the call". Love - Suzanne
Dear Mama-As a mom of 3 I can only imagine what you must be feeling, pure joy and excitement for this new chapter but anguish because you can't make it better for Emily. Hang in there because "this to shall pass".
Emily-The painn is not forever and the tunnel is so short compared to what you will be able to do soon. I know they are just words but I also know you and God can do this thing together. We continue to pray. Be strong. In Him, susan and wes
Stephaine,
I am so thankful for you. You have been with Emily from the day she was born and I see amazing strength in you. You give me courage as a mother to continue on when I have rough days with my own little Rebekah. Thank you for being a model for me to watch as my own life of children unfold. Give Emily a hug from me. Tanna
Dear Steph (I can't call you Mama, but I will call you Daughter). Thanks for your update on Em. I have been on heightened concern since your call to Bonnie yesterday. I've been praying for relief from pain for her. You, my precious daughter, have gone through so much. I thank God for you, praise Him for happier days ahead for you. Dad
Emily and fam-
I know that you have said that you are encouraged by comments, but I want you to know that it is so encouraging to read your blogs. I am praying for you all. It is so neat to be a part of this exciting time. I will be praying for pain relief in particular and that you will continue to recover beautifully!
Love to you all!
PS- Annie is very sweet. If I weren't moving to Bulgaria, I would adopt her.
Dear Mama and Emily....
Reading the news and following along on your collective journeys (closeup or from afar) is something else...nothing I've ever been around even compares. The strength and determination that you both exhibit is amazing and inspiring to so many, as you well know. I'm so happy for both of you in particular...you are like twins in so many ways...and so glad for your extended families as well. What an amazing test of will and faith. Keep hangin' in there...each day is another milestone (and tomorrow makes a solid week)! We're all out here living on the fringe of your dream and it's exciting to follow it all. Thank you for sharing it and thank you to Emily Tardy for carrying the torch with you. With love from Lubbock - The RatDog
Dear Emily,
One week ago we were all rejoicing that you were getting your new lungs, a second chance at life, and now we see how God has worked and you are doing so well. I am asking God to heal you completly. I am asking that HE give you strength to fight this new fight and to come out on the other side praising and glorifying Him. I ask that He take away your pain and give you only good days. I am thinking about you and praying for you.
Much Love,
Heather L
Post a Comment