Friday, June 27, 2008

My Recovery

Here are some pictures of my recovery........


This is the first time Faith got to see me with NEW lungs (the day after surgery)!

Our family together again!
My first real meal
My 10" incision on each side and 103 staples

My first walk less then 48 hours after my surgery. Praise God!
My brother, Ryan was able to be here during my surgery

A picture of what my daily walk looked like with 4 chest tubes, IV pole & walker.

The joy of doing bubbles in the hospital with Faith

My best medicine!

Finally home to the Town House!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Em-wow how pink your checks look since the new lungs, finally some color. You look like you're feeling better although those are some wicked looking incisions, but all worth it I am sure. I know you are glad all those tubes are out. Hope the medicine is working better. We are praising God for this miracle-what a gal you are. Stay strong. In Him, susan and wes

Unknown said...

Dear Em,
You are looking beautiful! I'm praying that you feel better every day, and gaining strength to live like never before. We love you.
Grandpa and Grandma Newville

Phyllis said...

Hi Emily, Jason and Faith

Thanks for sharing the pictures. We've wished soooooo many times we were closer and could be there to help out, so seeing you looking so good was a blessing!!!!

We love you,
The Wilburns

Anonymous said...

What a journey! Amazing the changes in a months time! I praise God each day for your new lungs! You look great and hope you feel a little better each day!

Carrie B.

Anonymous said...

It's great to see you looking so rosey and pink-cheeked. Those incisions are amazing. It makes me realize what a miracle a tranplant really is. Erika

Tiff said...

You look beautiful!!

The Thorsrud Family said...

Emily and Family~
You don't know me...I have been following your story since I saw it on my Aunt Mirya Mason's blog. I'm very proud of you as a fellow Christian, how strong you have stayed. You have all given your troubles to God and trusted that he is doing what is best for you. It looks like you are healing beautifully, and your little girl is my daughter's age! She is a cutie! Keep trusting in God and you are in our prayers.

Love, the Thorsrud's from Wyoming