Thursday, June 19, 2008

HOME!!

Praise the Lord we are home (the Town House)! It took a while getting all my medicines ready to go and making sure we had all the information we need to start a new life with new lungs. They have a wonderful, special tradition when a lung/heart transplant patient is discharged from the unit all the nurses stand around while you get to ring the "Bell of Life" and everybody claps for you! It was a very awesome feeling ringing that bell. You could proudly ring that bell knowing you had reached the top of a big mountain and ready to begin a new journey. During my stay I got to hear the bell ring twice and it was just a great feeling knowing someone had been given a second chance at life and they were moving on to a life they have been dreaming of for a long time.



I have to say Faith was ready for all of us to be home together! Every since we left the hospital she has not left my side. If I walk into the other room she is quick to follow and make sure I'm not leaving this time. She has been so talkative tonight as if she has to catch up with me about all I have missed the past 11 days and her hugs are so tight that my heart just melts knowing it has been tough for her as well as for me being a part. Yet, we are thankful to finally be together again!
I'm feeling pretty well and the pain is much better controlled now. Next week well be a little busy as we need to go to clinic Monday and Wednesday for lots of tests. We are still very much in the beginning stages and there are so many what-ifs but we just continue to take each day, one step at a time with the Lord. He has been so gracious to us through everything and my heart leaps for joy at the opportunity God has given me to do things I have not been able to do for a long time or ever for that matter. Thank you again for everything you all have done! We truly have been blessed with the most amazing family and friends who have supported us in every way! We love you!


~Emily, Jason, & Faith

13 comments:

Carrie Woods said...

I'm so thankful, so thankful! Praise God for His goodness! I'm so glad that you are finally in a place to be able to contemplate and be excited about the new things ahead of you!!! Hallelujah!

Emily, lots of tests on Wednesday, your birthday? That stinks!

Well, take care and I hope to see you soon,
Carrie W ;)

Micahl said...

wow!! Em, I'm so excited for you and can't wait t see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Great News! Look forward to seeing you soon!

Carrie B.

And then there were Five said...

YEAH!!!!!!!! you look amazing in the pics- i know how much being with Faith and Jason and out of the hospital will change your mood too!!! Can you believe how much has changed in 11 days? W miss you guys and look forward to seeing you soon and seeing you walking and talking with those new lungs- i am sure there is not going to be much time for blogging as your have a million things you have dreamed of to do right?? we love you- suzanne, darcy walt samuel and amelia

Greetings from Bulgaria said...

Congratulations! It is amazing how quickly your life has changed in the last 2 weeks! God's provision for us is always better than what we plan. Now that you are out of hospital I would love to visit and maybe bring you some contraband! :) We leave for Texas next Friday. When would be a good time to visit next week?

Anonymous said...

11 days! Wow! I am in tears and I am so happy for you. We will continue to pray for your recovery. I know you are still in awe of the mircles that God is doing in your life and in others through you. Be blessed and encouraged!

Anonymous said...

zEmily,
I praise God for you and shout to the Lord for the miracle He ha accomplished in you. I am so happy for you and Jason and Faith. I pray for continued healing and for your pain to continue to get better and better and better. Great News!!!
Love,
Heather Light

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you to be out of the hospital and in your appartment with your family. What a great birthday present for you, Emily. May it be a very special one with your family.
Love Grandma & Grandpa Wordelman

Phyllis said...

Hey Emily, Jason, and Faith!
So glad to hear you are home. There's nothing like going back to "normal" to help with healing.
You all continue to be in our prayers.
We love you,
The Wilburns

Anonymous said...

Em and family, praise our gracious God. We have prayed for this day so long and I know yall will have a blast in that big ol room. I am so glad the pain is under control and you look fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I can hardly believe you have on street clothes and everything.Have a wonderful next few days and do what the docs tell you to do. We love you. Stay strong. In Him, susan and wes

CYNTHIA said...

woooohooooo! and you don't even look like somebody took your lungs out. :-) love you guys and will keep praying for you three.

Jessica said...

You look great Emily! Im so happy for you :) I would love to give you a call sometime... can you email me your number? It is jessica.l.garcia83@gmail.com Love you girl and miss you!

Anonymous said...

. . .Rejoicing with you, Mulkeys! Much love, Erika and the WHites :)