It's hard for me to describe all that I am feeling right now because I haven't felt like I have been able to process everything for myself but some words that come to mind are~ thankful, joyful, tearful, in shock, painful (but a good pain, one that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel) but mostly feeling like I am walking in a dream. I told my mom I feel I am in the hospital for a really good tune-up (a tune-up was what I called it when I got my IVs to clear up an infection) and I'm waiting for the normal feelings of shortness of breath, lots of coughing and the usually pain to be coming back. I see the number %100 for my oxygen and really can't believe that is my number and I am dealing with more a mental block thinking I still need my oxygen when I really don't! I hope in time I can post more of the stories and thoughts from the past couple of days but I have been so blessed and overwhelmed with joy to read all your encouraging words and prayers, that I just HAD to say THANK YOU! I can't tell you what an amazing support your comments have been for us and you all have been a real witness to those who have seen how many people have reached out to help us in every way! THANK YOU~ THANK YOU~ THANK YOU!
All the doctors have continued to tell us how amazed they are in my progress and the quality of the lungs (please continue to pray for the family who gave me, a stranger, a second chance at life) I got and I have to say I am shocked as well but then I know it is the Lord's hand that has walked beside me, held me, and He still is the ultimate healer. Praise the Lord!!!!
I wanted to share a couple of verses that God gave me as I waited for these new lungs.
"Before they call I will answer, while they are still speaking I will hear". Isa. 65:24
(I know the Lord was speaking to his people here in Isaiah but in 2007/2008 those words gave me hope that even before the transplant coordinator called me He had already put in motion His perfect plan. He had already answered before I ever picked up the phone)
"You restored me to health and let me live. Surely it was for my benefit that I suffered such anguish". Isa. 38:17
(There was a reason I waited a year for these lungs and went through some difficult times and though I hate to suffer I am thankful for what I have learned and only pray I come out not only with healthy lungs but a changed daughter of the Lord. He never wants my suffering to be in vain, thank you, Lord!)
"The God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were. Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him..........21) being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised". Romans 4:17-21
(At times it felt like we were running out of time but this verse kept coming back to me that when it seemed like there was no hope for Abraham and his wife to have a child because of their age that he just continued to put his hope in the Lord and believe He could do anything! That sometimes the things we consider dead or hopeless are the very things God brings to life and brings hope when there is none to be found. My husband continued to share this very thing with me when I felt like I just couldn't do it anymore) Again I am thankful to you all for your love, support, and prayers. It has helped me to continue the good fight. Thank you!
Now, you know why Emily T, has been a very good friend of mine for so long. She has stood by me through some difficult times, put up with me and she is still around for whatever reason wanting to be friends. hehe =) Just kidding! Thank you, Em, for keeping everyone updated! love you, friend!
I will try to post when I can but I think Emily will continue to do some as well. We love you all and just want to say with you, PRAISE THE LORD!
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
My first post with NEW lungs
Posted by Emily at 8:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




18 comments:
Emily! So good to read your words, hear your stories and rejoice with you! I can't wait to see you in person, and am trying to plan a trip there.....hopefully i can help you guys out, I'll talk to ET and see when a good time would be. LOVE YOU
Our God is truly an AWESOME GOD! Your testimony is such an encouragement, Emily! Thanks for sharing the Scriptures that have carried you through. I am so thankful that you have Jason and Faith! We love you bunches and we are cheering from Colorado!
Martin and Kathy Waters
PS I (Kathy) received a job offer today! Much encouraged!
Whoo HOOOOoooo! I think I might just dance a jig around the room! I am so thrilled you are doing so well! God is so cool! Maybe soon you can dance a jig with me!??! :)
Oh wait I forgot to sign my name to my previous comment. You might think the previous person is crazy, but it's just me, Melissa Lees. That should explain it. :)) ha ha ha. ;)
amazing- God continues to surprise us and amaze us with how he chooses to do things! I am so thankful for all the amazing care that you are getting and how well your recovery is going! I am sure it is unbelievable to take a deep full breath!! We are so excited for you and your family!! Suzanne
Yeah!!!! Surgery on Sunday and blogging on Wednesday. You just keep wowing us, Em. Was it over the top for me to talk to an ebay seller about the good news? I can't seem to contain myself! We are continually celebrating and thanking God for this sweet time.
Dearest Granddaughter,
How we rejoice to read your very own words. Ours are tears of joy and hearts filled with gratitude for God's gracious gift of new lungs. Our prayers are answered, even as I prayed Sunday morning before I knew of your transplant, "Lord, is this the day You will provide new lungs for Emily?" Indeed it was. How good, how faithful is our God. We love you. Grandparents Newville
Em, I'm so glad you were able to post today. I'm so proud of you and each step that you are taking forward through this. I know how much you have to process through and I can't wait to sit and talk for hours...what's our record...37 hours only to stop and sleep once???...and discuss all the thoughts, desires, hopes, fears, blessings, and answered prayers.
Emily,
It is so wonderful to read your post and that you are able to be blogging so soon. We still are amazed at how everything is going for you and just excited for you, Jason, & Faith. Thanks for sharing the scriptures…..I am going to print them off and keep them to read for when I am going through times of difficulty!
Know that we are praying for you all and that we will do all that we can to help you out and help you guys make to big move back to Texas. Love, Beth Landreth
Em-I can hardly believe you can have a clear thought already but praise God you can and did and it is so good to read your words and know that your new lungs have given you sweeet breath once again. I praise my Jesus for His timeing and love and grace-He truely carried you when you could not go on anymore! You are amazing and we are so proud of you. Be strong-In Him, susan and wes
Emily,
What a MIGHTY God we serve!! I am amazed with each new post how well you are doing and all of the great strides to recovery you are making. I can't help but think over and over about all of the posts pre-transplant. The ones where a set of lungs didn't work or it was just taking so long to even get a call. Everytime you were discouraged, you kept faith that the Lord had a bigger and better plan in mind and that His timing was perfect. I was always so encouraged by your words and the verses of scripture that you were clinging too. Now here you are....with new lungs that they have said are some of the BEST lungs post-transplant!!!! God knew!!! He had the BEST in mind for you! So many of us have been encouraged and blessed by your testimony. I am soooo happy for you!!
Ashley Hilliard
Emily~ you know it's rare for me to struggle with words when there's a typing box in front of me, but each time I read your updates...well, there just really aren't words enough to describe how extraordinary God is! And that He is revealing His love, joy, strength, and faithfulness (just to name a few) through you ~ it's such a blessing in so many ways. I'm so grateful for you. Breathe deep, friend!
Em--i just had to take a second and tell you that i talked to Carrie Timmons this morning (to schedule a MUCH needed hair trim while I'm in LBK this weekend) and of course I could not contain the good news so i filled her in--she said she nearly started crying she is so happy and excited for you, and that the news totally made her! Her niece is on the transplant list in Houston, so I gave her your blog so she could keep up with your amazing progress!
Wow Emily look at you go! God is so amazing each and every day I am more amazed. We will keep on praying for your strength to grow and for quick healing. Even when you were at your weakest you always were an encouragement & a showed strength...I can only imagine what the future holds when you are physically strong!
Love ya!
Nessa & Philip
Emily...It was so wonderful to read your own words on the blog! Our God is totally awesome and amazing! We feel so blessed to know you and to walk thru this process with you! Our prayers continue to be a mix of praise and petitions! We know He is the reason for the 100%! Keep us posted! We love you!...Johnnie B
Emily,
Words can't begin to say all that I am feeling in my heart for you and your family right now. I have been reading and praying and Praising God for all that he has done, is doing and continues to do in you life. Kathy M
Emily,
It's so touching to hear about your progress. You've been on my mind and in my prayers a lot. I'm looking forward to hearing more updates on your recovery!
Josiah
Emily-
We have been keeping up with you through your blog for months and were absolutely elated when we read about your transplant. Please know that your old Sunday School Class in Midland has been praying for you and will continue to do so. We are all in awe of the way you and Jason have handled things this past year. You're an amazing woman. We praise God for allowing us to know you guys and share in this wonderful miracle.
love,
steve and shauna todd
Post a Comment