Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Transplant Fund & Pain Update

I hope you are enjoying the beautiful Tuesday afternoon! At least it's beautiful here in Nashville!

Thank you so much for those that have donated to the transplant fund. These dollars will be a huge blessing to them as they live with the continual medical costs that are accumulating from the lung transplant and the months and years of recovery and meds that follow. (See top box on right for the links to donate).

I wanted to clarify the details about the match. The match that is promised is a one-time 100% match totaling up to $2000. However, it will be applied for any amounts given in individual contributions. In other words, you don't have to give $2000 for it to be matched. If you give $50, your money will be matched another $50 to make $100 given into the fund. So whether its $5, $25, $50, $100, or $1000, it will all be matched until those individual dollars equal $2000 (which would then total $4000 in the fund including the match). If that is confusing, please let me know in the comments and I will try and explain in a different way. There is a reason I am not a teacher. :-)

This match is just a great way to know that your contribution is going so much further and will help expand the benefit for them for at least another month's worth of bills. Their estimated expenses for co-pays, prescriptions, doctor visits, etc. is $1000-$2000 a month. And all of the post about the fund are from me, Emily T, not from them. I know what it is like to have needs and I also know what its like to desire to help and give and just need to know how. This is just that, an opportunity, and I wanted to make those that love and care about this family aware of it. Thanks!

Emily met with the Acute Pain Team that handles long-term chronic pain and the new regimen they are using over the past hour has taken Emily from an 8 to a 3 on a scale of 1-10 for pain. This is HUGE and definitely good news. Jason said that over the past 3 days or so, she has been in the lower pain category for maybe 3 or 4 hours total. Please pray that this regimen works continually and that it lasts through the night and hopefully through the next several days! I also talked to Emily and she is encouraged but a little timid about getting her hopes up. My personal prayer is that no matter how much time of relief this gives her, that she would use this time to gain fresh hope and perspective to continue on this road of recovery. Thank you so much for praying and ask that you continue to do so, particularly for tonight's rest. The nurses have been very sensitive to coming in at night now and if Jason doesn't snore too loud and her pain is controlled, she is a great opportunity to refresh during some much needed sleep.

~Emily T

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an encouraging word this fine day and I trust Emily had a restful nights sleep. Praise God for the pain team I am claiming that this is the combination that Em needs. Please Em,look to the future this is not forever-God will give you new strength from second to second. We are so proud of you. Stay strong. In Him, susan and wes