Until further notice, please send all cards, letters, etc to their home address. Jason is working on getting a PO Box near the hospital so that their mail can be forwarded directly to them but that has not yet been confirmed. I will not be posting their address on the blog for privacy reasons but you can email me and I can get it to you.
I'll update you on visiting hours and options soon as well. They need to get settled into the step-down unit and get Emily's pain under control before she will be up to many visitors.
If you would like to help them, here are some current options (I'm sure more will be added as time goes on):
* Purchase and send restaurant gift cards. With the amount of hours they have spent in the hospital, I bet you can only imagine how much more appetizing other food sounds. Also, once Emily is released to the townhouse, they will probably have a very busy schedule and to be able and just stop and pick something up would make life a lot easier. Some restaurants located nearby are: Chili's, Jason's Deli, Subway, Sonic, Chick-fil-A, Five Guys Burgers, KFC. I'm not sure if all of them have gift cards but a quick google search can probably tell you. Also stocking their townhouse fridge/pantry is an option too.
* Donate to their transplant fund through a tax-deductible contribution: Please visit the following link. Please be sure to click "CONTRIBUTE NOW" at the bottom of the page and then find EMILY MULKEY on the next page and enter in your amount and follow the prompts from there. These dollars are used solely for the massive medical costs of a lung transplant and the many doctors visits, prescriptions, co-pays, etc. You can read more about the fund at www.transplantfund.org. Their numerous expenses include....A LOT of copays for check-ups and prescriptions (she will have a whole new set which includes her anti-rejection meds that she has to take for the rest of her life) which is ~$1000-$2000/month out of pocket on top of any deductible and percentage of the expenses from the surgery based on their insurance coverage. Although they have been preparing for these increased expenses, this is a GREAT way for us to meet a very practical need and help lighten the financial burden that they will be facing.
***Special Note: Someone has offered to do a one-time 100% Match up to $2000 for contributions made to their fund! This is a HUGE blessing and a great encouragement for us to join this effort. Wow! A series of continual blessings from the Lord.***
*Emily & Jason will be putting their house on the market soon too. They have been planning for almost a full year to move to Texas post-transplant and I know Jason's brother is ready to have him back in the store, not to mention that their entire immediate families will be all in the same town again. I'm sure we could hear a big sigh and maybe see a tear fall from those of us in the Southeast but a big Texas YeeHaw! would probably drown that out. :-) As much as we selfishly might not want to help them leave Alabama, I'm sure a few helping hands over the next several weeks would be significant. I've heard Jason mention some painting, finishing work on the basement room, organizing the garage and probably some general pre-listing maintenance would be beneficial. If you want to help out in this way, why don't you leave a comment here and I'll direct them to him. This probably will be in the next few weeks, not immediately. A special thanks to Matt & Shay for helping watch Faith during the surgery and for cleaning their house!
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Q & A Response #1
Posted by Emily at 12:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Emily, What a great day you had and we are thankful for every little thing you can do so quickly. What a gal-Texas tuff!We love the blog and hearing about your progress and updates,thanks so much and please keep it up. Prayers are here and contiued blessings from our sweet Jesus! My kids love hearing about your updates and progress. We love and miss yall. In Him, susan and wes
Emily, what a friend you have in Emily Tardy! I have loved being able to check in on you a couple of times a day, and she has been great about keeping us informed. I thank God for the wonderful progress you are making and for your precious family. Your story reminds me all over again how faithful our Lord is. Amy Eaton, Lubbock
Emily,
I am a big organization gal. I will organize anything at their house and would be willing to clean, paint or pack up. My husband, Kelly is a good carpenter so he can help with the fixing up. Please let us know what and when we can do. I can organize the efforts if that would be helpful too. You can email me at heathernl@bellsouth.net Thanks for all you do!
What a great story and a clear vision of the plan being in GOD's control. Thanks for the information on donations.
Bob and Alice
Post a Comment