Sunday, June 8, 2008

Right Lung In!!!!

Just spoke to Jason (1:45 PM CST) and a nurse had just come out to give them an update. They have removed her old right lung and replaced with with the new good right lung and it went PERFECT! She is doing great overall and they are just starting on the left lung and the surgery is going really well. The decided to do the right one first because that was the worst lung...or as Jason describes it..."insanely messed up." It is the one that has collapsed numerous times and looks quite horrible on the xray. By getting the worst one out, her new lung can go ahead and start working for her while she is still in surgery. Praise God! This is such a relief and so wonderful to not only just get news during the surgery but for it to be such good news! I forgot to ask how much longer they expected it to be but I am guessing more towards the 4 O'Clock hour. I'll keep you posted. Continue to pray right now! ~Emily T

2 comments:

Micahl said...

praise the Lord!

Anonymous said...

Praise God.